8-10 Game Thread

GoRowand33

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 03:02 AM)
Something along the lines of "Last year, Don Cooper was the hot item. Everyone wanted to sign him, etc. This year, all the pitchers, with exception of Contreras, are all significantly worse than last year."

They went on to talk about the workload and about how the pitchers just might not be the same because of the amount of work they've had.

What a fascinating concept. :P

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
Actually, the worst swing in history was by Nick Green of the Yankees about two weeks ago at Toronto. I don't know if people saw it, but he literally swung after the catcher had the ball.

A.J.'s swing against Rivera last night might be in my top 3.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
I have a hard time going against Coop after he came out to the mound in Minnesota and Buehrle threw that triple play on the next pitch. It takes a revolutionary thinker to go out there, tell your pitcher to throw a triple play ball, and see it get done on the 1st pitch.

Way to whiff Jeter, Javy. Nice pitch.

Last year, though, it would've been a quadruple play. Our guys are tired.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 03:03 AM)
A.J.'s swing against Rivera last night might be in my top 3.

I actually think that besides Web Gems in franchise history, it would be funny to see the Worst Web Gems in franchise history. I'd love to see Alex Gonzalez, Brant Brown, and Leon Durham battle it out for the Cubs.

Vazquez is lucky to get away with that meatball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
I actually think that besides Web Gems in franchise history, it would be funny to see the Worst Web Gems in franchise history. I'd love to see Alex Gonzalez, Brant Brown, and Leon Durham battle it out for the Cubs.

You'd have to have that play Aramis Ramirez botched earlier this year on that list somehow, I mean the ball freaking hit the button on the top of his cap. Since it's the Cubs, maybe they could make the botched plays list like a top 100 or something.

Abreu in the 3rd spot is just awesome for the Yanks. It's too bad we didn't make a play for him by trying to unload the contracts of Garcia and Pods, and then having him replace their salary for next year.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 03:06 AM)
This is getting to the point where it's almost as ridiculous as that start he had at home against Cleveland earlier this year. We won that game, but I think Javy threw 110 pitches in like 5 innings and Cleveland left 15 men on base or something.

Exactly what I was thinking of. Cotts came in, and Hafner hit one a mile against him.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
This is getting to the point where it's almost as ridiculous as that start he had at home against Cleveland earlier this year. We won that game, but I think Javy threw 110 pitches in like 5 innings and Cleveland left 15 men on base or something.

Yeah, I was there for that. Good, extened opportunity to drink. A lot.

Kudos to Javy.