8-10 Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 03:22 AM)
I think Jim killed all the grass on the right side of the infield these last couple at bats. Poop.

You mean the Willie Harris Memorial Grass? He sure had that weak grounder to 2nd base down pat.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Something in our minor league development needs to change.

Every prospect we bring up has the same exact swing flaw. The low and away pitch. Rowand had it, Anderson has it, Borchard had it, Crede had it forever. They all had long looping swings that could be exposed with the low pitch away. And look at Fields, his K rate tells me that pretty much he will be the same way when he comes up.

Can we get someone to teach a line drive swing in the minors, and then adjust to the power stroke once they figure out how to make consistant contact. The only one that I think will not be overmatched when he comes up is Sweeney.

This observation is too useful for this thread. I resent your effort.

Javy comes out and blows away Posada on 4 pitches to start the 5th. Go figure.

Mark Teahen had an RBI double and scored the tying run during that rally in the 8th KC had to beat Boston. Good to know we aren't the only team he batters into submission.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Javy comes out and blows away Posada on 4 pitches to start the 5th. Go figure.

Mark Teahen had an RBI double and scored the tying run during that rally in the 8th KC had to beat Boston. Good to know we aren't the only team he batters into submission.

Teahan and Sweeney is back....yikes