8-10 Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 03:27 AM)
Javy comes out and blows away Posada on 4 pitches to start the 5th. Go figure.

Mark Teahen had an RBI double and scored the tying run during that rally in the 8th KC had to beat Boston. Good to know we aren't the only team he batters into submission.

He has been hitting the ball well ever since being re-called up. Next season if they call up both their top hitting prospects and if Sweeney ever stays healthy they can be a pretty tough lineup. Gordon I think is the type of talent that contributes right away and the other guy cant remember his name sucks on defense but rocks with the bat.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
He has been hitting the ball well ever since being re-called up. Next season if they call up both their top hitting prospects and if Sweeney ever stays healthy they can be a pretty tough lineup. Gordon I think is the type of talent that contributes right away and the other guy cant remember his name sucks on defense but rocks with the bat.

Not sure what they will do with Teahen when Gordon is ready.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 03:32 AM)

It's too bad for them they didn't agree to the Sweeney for Rios trade. The other prospect you're thinking of is Butler.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
It really is a carbon copy of the Indians start you mentioned.

I went to a game against Texas on a Saturday night earlier this year that was exactly like these 2 starts, only he gave up 5 runs I believe. We ended up having an 8 run inning though in the 3rd or 4th or something and won it 8-6 for him.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
I went to a game against Texas on a Saturday night earlier this year that was exactly like these 2 starts, only he gave up 5 runs I believe. We ended up having an 8 run inning though in the 3rd or 4th or something and won it 8-6 for him.

That was back when Coop was saying not to worry about how he was winning -- the results were all that mattered.