8-10 Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
You sure? It looked like PK never got to the bag.

GREAT PITCH!

It looked like Abrue's hand was going to the bagt, but PK's foot blocked it. Then PK hit the bag before Abrue tagged it.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 03:56 AM)
My favorite Eric Cooper blunder was the home run that Joe Crede hit in Baltimore, up about 10 rows, over about 30 feet. Cooper called it foul.

Manuel came out, didnt get tossed, and the whitesox wound up losing that by a run or 2.

Yes, that was one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 03:57 AM)
It looked like Abrue's hand was going to the bagt, but PK's foot blocked it. Then PK hit the bag before Abrue tagged it.

It was close. Cooper probably was focused on PK's foot, and once he saw he was off the bad, he probably assumed Abreu had touched the base.

eric cooper is trash, but i think he got that one right...all abreu has to do is retag the base and then after that paulie would have had to tag him right?

so if he slid off the back of the base, it doesnt matter

Not that it matters now, but I thought Abreu's foot went to the side of the bag and he only got it with his hand.

Pauly's foot beat Abreu's hand... It did not beat Abreu to the side of the bag... but I don't think Abreu got it...

I could be wrong, but he looked out

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:58 PM)
It was close. Cooper probably was focused on PK's foot, and once he saw he was off the bad, he probably assumed Abreu had touched the base.

assumption is the mother of all f*** ups

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
Not that it matters now, but I thought Abreu's foot went to the side of the bag and he only got it with his hand.

Pauly's foot beat Abreu's hand... It did not beat Abreu to the side of the bag... but I don't think Abreu got it...

I could be wrong, but he looked out

He was out.