8-10 Game Thread

GoRowand33

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
I'm going to throw something out there right now. If, for whatever reason, Rivera gets in this game tonight, last night's rally will become important. Because of that rally, he had to pitch last night. And that'll mean that he's pitching 3 straight nights -- not optimal.

Good point. But, let's hope it's not a Rivera situation.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to throw something out there right now. If, for whatever reason, Rivera gets in this game tonight, last night's rally will become important. Because of that rally, he had to pitch last night. And that'll mean that he's pitching 3 straight nights -- not optimal.

i think they will use him, they always use him.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
It's amazing how BMac can do no wrong, even when he does wrong. His ERA is over 4 and pretty much everyone still acts like the sun shines out of his arse. He certainly hasn't pitched like an ace-to-be this season. There's lots of trouble in the rotation, but BMac doesn't fill me with confidence that he'd fix it.

Probably because he pulled our ass out of a fire tonight.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 04:34 AM)
It's amazing how BMac can do no wrong, even when he does wrong. His ERA is over 4 and pretty much everyone still acts like the sun shines out of his arse. He certainly hasn't pitched like an ace-to-be this season. There's lots of trouble in the rotation, but BMac doesn't fill me with confidence that he'd fix it.

He did a great job getting out of the 6th inning, but he got far too much of the plate with his fastball to their 8-9 hitters with 2 outs. McCarthy's fastball is only good when he can get it above the letters.

He's been very good for a guy that's better than all but 1, maybe 2 of our starters, should be in the rotation, and has never pitched out of the pen in his life.

The problem is that usually when Rivera pitches for the third game in a row, he still dominates.

or... you know... if he's not an option tonight for Torre, thats a victory

I have to agree. Bmac has become VERY overrated around here. I'm saying this as a big Brandon fan, too.

As I've previously stated, many people are still in love with the GAME BMAC won against the Boston Red Sox last year. I personally feel BMAC is a little overrated by quite a few people on this board.