8-10 Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:41 PM)
That comes with makin' 25 million a year.

Jeter makes 20 million a year, is a lousy defender, and isn't nearly the player A-Rod is.....yet he doesn't get nearly as much crap. And actually, the Yankees pay Jeter more than they do A-Rod since Texas pays a lot of the contract still.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 04:41 AM)
That comes with makin' 25 million a year.

Of course. Don't get me wrong, he deserves some criticism. In some ways, I feel bad for him. He's going to end up being one of the best players in baseball history, and he plays in front of fans that hate him. It's like if Pods had to play in front of me and tito and milkman every game.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 04:43 AM)
Thats partially true.... but the two teams he has left both got better in the season after he departed.

Yeah, but didn't the Mariners add Ichiro when he left? Also, he was amazing with Texas. It was just that they had no pitching.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
Jeter makes 20 million a year, is a lousy defender, and isn't nearly the player A-Rod is.....yet he doesn't get nearly as much crap. And actually, the Yankees pay Jeter more than they do A-Rod since Texas pays a lot of the contract still.

jeter is hitting .345.....

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)

Jeter also has a history of steppin' up in October. Can't say the same for A-rod.