Freddy Bracing for Exit

DBAHO

Has any journalist asked Freddy the $64,000 question about his velocity? The Sun-Times yesterday asked Buehrle a lot of pointed questions about his pitching and he answered them all.

I would just like to hear what he has to say.

That said, lest we forget, Freddy did pitch well two nights ago. I'm not exactly in full hate mode. Yet.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
I would gladly face Garcia in the future. If he keeps up at his current rate, he's going to be throwing 85 mph consistently next year.

I just doubt KW would try and help another AL team--and Freddy could help another team improve their SP, even at his current production.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
I just doubt KW would try and help another AL team--and Freddy could help another team improve their SP, even at his current production.

I think personally that KW will try to make the best deal humanly possible for the team. I mean, he even just traded a prospect with the Royals to get a reliever he thought was key for the stretch run, a prospect who may in a few years be hurting us. He may at least think "Do I want to send him to an AL Team", but if someone comes through with a deal he likes, he's not going to turn it down because it's an AL team.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)

I could care less if we trade him to the Tigers. I just want KW to get the best possible package for him in the offseason....just make sure he's traded though.

QUOTE(juddling @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 09:31 AM)
Maybe if Freddie goes to Baltimore the great Leo Mazzone can maybe show him how to hold a runner on 1st base.

:bang :bang

Actually, that's one of the places that immediately popped into my mind as a good destination for him. They want to compete now, it seems Angelos doesn't want to trade Tejada no matter what they're offered, they have a young pitching staff who could use a vet leader, and they do have some young talent/pitching that we could ask for.

QUOTE(juddling @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
Maybe if Freddie goes to Baltimore the great Leo Mazzone can maybe show him how to hold a runner on 1st base.

:bang :bang

that seems to be the consensus idea. mazzone can make any pitcher a god... oh wait, why does daniel cabrera still walk so many people? why did tim hudson get worse last year??

maybe mazzone just got lucky with smoltz, maddux, and glavine all coming around at the same time... that b****.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
Actually, that's one of the places that immediately popped into my mind as a good destination for him. They want to compete now, it seems Angelos doesn't want to trade Tejada no matter what they're offered, they have a young pitching staff who could use a vet leader, and they do have some young talent/pitching that we could ask for.

And they always seem to make the wrong move. So, getting Freddy would be perfect for them.

After Tejada's little tirade yesterday, it just increases the chances of him getting traded this offseason. I'd love to see us get into the bidding for him with a package of Garcia, Fields, etc.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
KW tries to trade stuff as far away from hurting him as possible.

We should trade him to the Tigers, Indians, or Twins then. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
After Tejada's little tirade yesterday, it just increases the chances of him getting traded this offseason. I'd love to see us get into the bidding for him with a package of Garcia, Fields, etc.

The recently signed Mora to an extension at third, so I don't know how interested they'd be in Fields (unless they plan on moving him elsewhere), and if they didn't accept Roy Oswalt for Tejada, I doubt they'd want Garcia :P

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:42 PM)
The recently signed Mora to an extension at third, so I don't know how interested they'd be in Fields (unless they plan on moving him elsewhere), and if they didn't accept Roy Oswalt for Tejada, I doubt they'd want Garcia :P

I have a feeling Tejada's going to demand a trade this offseason. That will put them in a much tougher position to get back a top package for him than the situation they were in at the deadline.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)
I have a feeling Tejada's going to demand a trade this offseason. That will put them in a much tougher position to get back a top package for him than the situation they were in at the deadline.

He demanded one last offseason, and look what happened with that.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:42 AM)

Thats because their owners is the worst in the MLB. Who would turn down Roy Oswalt.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
He demanded one last offseason, and look what happened with that.

He rescinded the demand though. After another season of turmoil and losing, he won't be as willing to play for the Orioles again.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
Thats because their owners is the worst in the MLB. Who would turn down Roy Oswalt.

Roy Oswalt is no friggin Cy Young. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
He rescinded the demand though. After another season of turmoil and losing, he won't be as willing to play for the Orioles again.

Technically, I think he denied that he ever made the demand. I can't completely remember though :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 09:51 AM)

He put up with the whole Palmeiro/Sosa/B-12/manager being fired mess the year before.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
He put up with the whole Palmeiro/Sosa/B-12/manager being fired mess the year before.

That's what I'm saying...he's sick of playing with the Orioles. He's not an idiot. He knows they have no chance in that division. But like people in this thread have said, who the hell knows what Angelos will do.

Trading Garcia sounds good, but these factors will lead to us getting little for him:

1. Horrible performance this season.

2. His stuff looks horrible, which makes it look like this season's downturn isn't just a fluke.

3. He's not at an age where you expect him to develop and improve.

4. He's making a hell of a lot of money.

Expect the Sox to get minor talent for him, and to give up some millions to the "lucky" team that acquires him.

Garcia basically just said he's quit on the team.

I've got a better solution for him.

Take him out of the rotation and go with someone who gives us a chance to win consistently and let him rot out in the pen.

You can't be saying stuff like that during the season.

Might be the dumbest thing I've heard all year.