Yankees Series: Has it Been a Confidence Builder?

LVSoxFan

We beat them first game, Freddy shut them down pretty well, Konerko homers off their ace reliever to tie the game which we then win.

Last night they probably thought they were sitting pretty being up 7-0 so late and we came screaming back.

This IS the Yankees we're talking about, the virtual all-star team, and we got to two of their best pitchers in the last two games (granted it took forever with RJ but we did knock him out).

I'd say this ain't a bad way to instill confidence, and maybe the timing is just about right, heading into the Detroit series. Granted, Detroit is the best team in baseball right now, but I think a lot of us (and probably some Sox) view this as almost a fluke season for them; plus, we've beat them more often than not thus far.

I guess we'll see tonight, eh? I WILL say a win tonight, with a strong outing by Vasquez, could be just the tonic for us to go on a tear.

FINALLY, that is.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Doubt it. Moose will determine it. We generally cant hit him, and if he keeps it up, we are done.

Yeah but supposedly their opening night pitcher was on a tear and we feasted on him.

But I concur, we'll all feel a lot better if we take this series.

I guess we'll post back here tomorrow then!

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
The current sox players seem to hit him pretty well, esp Dye, Thome and AJ.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=2557

That and Moose's last four starts against us have been 0-3 6.75 ERA or something. I saw it scrolling on ESPN's Bottom Line. If we can win tonight, we'll have a huge amount of momentum on our side as we take on the Tigers. Tonight is a must win.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
We beat them first game, Freddy shut them down pretty well, Konerko homers off their ace reliever to tie the game which we then win.

Last night they probably thought they were sitting pretty being up 7-0 so late and we came screaming back.

This IS the Yankees we're talking about, the virtual all-star team, and we got to two of their best pitchers in the last two games (granted it took forever with RJ but we did knock him out).

I'd say this ain't a bad way to instill confidence, and maybe the timing is just about right, heading into the Detroit series. Granted, Detroit is the best team in baseball right now, but I think a lot of us (and probably some Sox) view this as almost a fluke season for them; plus, we've beat them more often than not thus far.

I guess we'll see tonight, eh? I WILL say a win tonight, with a strong outing by Vasquez, could be just the tonic for us to go on a tear.

FINALLY, that is.

If the sox can win tonight, getting 2 of 3 from the Yanks should put them in decent shape [momentum wise] to take on the Tigers. Then getting 2 of 3 from them, would be nice. And so on, and so on.......Just keep winning two of each three game series during this tough stretch and the sox will be in fine shape for the last month

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
not quitting is admirable.

rather see this team put the hammer down and punish some good teams on occasion.

They've got the best record in baseball against teams with an above .500 record if I saw the stat correctly on ESPN last night.

I think the answer to the thread title is a definite YES!!

Last night, the "turnips" in our lineup came through on offense, and Vazquez pitched an amazing game that should do wonders for his confidence level with men on base. That's two wins in a row from him.

Now if we can get the Count back on a winning streak tonight against Verlander, we ought to just keep building that confidence.....