8/11 @ 7:35 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)
To be fair, neither of those teams is much to speak of offensively, but we will see if it holds up or not.

True, but still an improvement of giving up 5 runs to another medicore offensive team, Oakland.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
Verlander Vs the Sox this season:

2 GS (0-2) 8.2 IP, 14 H, 11 ER, 4 HR, 3 BB, 4 K | 11.42 ERA, 1.96 WHIP, .368 BAA

Contreras Vs the Tigers this season:

3 GS (2-1) 22 IP, 19 H, 5 ER, 2 HR, 6 BB, 7 K | 2.05 ERA, 1.14 WHIP, .232 BAA

The matchup is too damn perfect, this scares the piss out of me.

wow, I agree with you.

Those numbers just mean it's all bound to change.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
wow, I agree with you.

Those numbers just mean it's all bound to change.

yeah, what scares me is the majority of those runs charged to verlander were in like his 4th start or something when we got him for 7 in 2+ innings IIRC .....then he lost in this very same matchup to contreras 4-3.....good game by both pitchers....we need this win and we need jose to eat some innings because that pen has been worked, and were still not off for a while

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)
While watching the highlights on ESPN, I noticed that Berman was doing the game.

Anyone who had to watch it on ESPN, did Berman show any blantant biasness a la Division series?

Well...considering he spent an ENTIRE half inning talking about the Red Sox...no lie...THE ENTIRE half inning. Then they started whining on the pitch before BAs double he took (that was 6 inches off the plate)...and talked about it for 2 more batters. It was pathetic.

This is a good matchup for the sox. Verlander is a fastball pitcher who challenges over the plate with his stuff. This is the type of pitcher our offense was made to hit.

Now on the other hand the soft tossing Rodgers tomorrow scares me more than the other two. We can hit anyones fastball, and we know this kid will be challenging us. But Rodgers is crafty and wants our team to pull everything.

Lets start this series off right, take tonight and get momentum going back towards our club.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
It's time for this team to man up.

You want this division? You want to run around the bases chugging a beer on someone else's field in September? You earn it this weekend.

Go get em Jose. Whatever you've been missing since May, I hope to God you find it.

And here's someone who can help:

detectivescrotessox.jpg

haha, whenever detective scrotes makes an apperance in a game thread, you know its the real deal holyfield.

A few things I like going into tonight's game:

1] I like the fact the Tigers have lost 2 games in a row and had an off day to think about losing their last game in the late innings

2] The pressure seems to be on the Tigers, as they have to prove to themselves and the league that they can hold onto the division. The sox win 2 of 3 or better and the Tigers could be in for a big end of the year letdown.

3] Verlander hasn't thrown in 10 days

4] The sox won a series vs a very good and hot NYY team that they absolutely had to win

5] Pods and Iguchi are getting on and being productive. With those two on, one of the 3-5 hitters will drive them in

1. S Podsednik, LF .264 3 40 32

2. T Iguchi, 2B .291 13 49 7

3. J Thome, DH .297 34 85 0

4. P Konerko, 1B .303 27 82 1

5. J Dye, RF .324 30 87 5

6. A Pierzynski, C .309 9 41 0

7. J Crede, 3B .302 25 78 0

8. A Cintron, SS .269 3 26 8

9. B Anderson, CF .212 6 26 4

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
A few things I like going into tonight's game:

5] Pods and Iguchi are getting on and being productive. With those two on, one of the 3-5 hitters will drive them in

Podsednik managed to reach base 3 times over the past 4 games (15 PAs), I wouldn't exactly call that productive. His OBP has actually dropped 5 points since the beginning of the homestand. Iguchi on the other hand is basically on fire, he went 6-9 in the final 2 games of the series and 8-17 on the homestand including a HR.

Anybody else think that Cintron might be our starting SS for awhile?

CHICAGO -- When will Juan Uribe return to the White Sox starting lineup?

The shortstop's best guess has his stiff lower back ready to compete by Thursday evening's series finale against Mike Mussina and the Yankees. But judging from manager Ozzie Guillen's somewhat sarcastic response to Uribe's assessment, he's not putting any stock in his shortstop's comments until he hears the words directly from Uribe.

"Good for him. I don't know and I don't care," said Guillen, after being made aware by the media of Uribe's estimate. "When he's ready to go, I will see what I'm going to do with the lineup and we will play him. There's one thing about this game that people want you, but they don't need you. Someone else will replace you.

"I'm not saying he's faking injury or anything, but I thought it was something simple or normal. All of a sudden, it's been a couple of days.

"When he's ready, we will see what we do," Guillen added.