To have any chance of winning the division...

Harry&JimmyRocked

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
Just win.

a-f***ing-men

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 04:02 PM)
All I want to see is the Sox put some pressure on the Tigers for the next two months. They haven't played with pressure yet all year because there really is no pressure until the last two months of the season. They play great playing loose and letting it fly. Put pressure on guys who've never been here before and then see how they do. I'm not saying they'll fold...but it could knock them off their stride.

Carlos Guillen - Seattle

Magglio Ordonez - Chicago

Ivan Rodriguez - Texas and Florida

Sean Casey - Cincinnati

Kenny Rogers - friggin everywhere

Todd Jones - Minnesota, Boston, Florida

most importantly

Jim Leyland - Florida and Pittsburgh

I'm probably missing a few too.

They have guys who have been there. The young guys haven't, but there's enough experience, that I don't think pressure is gonna be foreign. I do agree that putting a little pressure on them would be nice.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
a-f***ing-men

Carlos Guillen - Seattle

Sean Casey - Cincinnati

most importantly

I'm probably missing a few too.

They have guys who have been there. The young guys haven't, but there's enough experience, that I don't think pressure is gonna be foreign. I do agree that putting a little pressure on them would be nice.

Please let us not forget the '83 and '93 White Sox teams who won their divisions easily ('83 was easily, '93, not as much). Then went into the playoffs and froze like a virgin at a strip club.

Yes, some of the Tigers have been there before, but not as a team and the city of Detroit is going to be picking at Leyland and the players with tweezers. I don't care who they play, they are going to get beat BECAUSE they have been coasting all year. The playoffs are win or go home, the regular season is win or lose and go out to dinner. They don't know that kind of pressure and if they win the division easily, there's GOING to be pressure.

I don't care about the division...let the Tigers win. Let them have their moment. Let them put up the pennant that says they won the 2006 AL Central crown. Then let them come to Chicago and watch the ring ceremony.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
So if we lose 1 game this weekend, we are mathmatically inelgible for the Central crown?? This division is far from over, and nothing is going to be decided this weekend.

We may not be mathetmatically eliminated, but if the Sox do the unspeakable and get swept this weekend I'll bet you they don't take the AL Central. Wild Card is a completely different story though.

Bob

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
a-f***ing-men

Carlos Guillen - Seattle

Sean Casey - Cincinnati

most importantly

Most importantly Leyland? He fills out the lineup card and gives good pep talks. In my book it's:

Bonderman

Robertson

Miner

Verlander

Zumaya

Rodney

Put those guys in a pressure cooker.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
Yes, some of the Tigers have been there before, but not as a team and the city of Detroit is going to be picking at Leyland and the players with tweezers. I don't care who they play, they are going to get beat BECAUSE they have been coasting all year. The playoffs are win or go home, the regular season is win or lose and go out to dinner. They don't know that kind of pressure and if they win the division easily, there's GOING to be pressure.

That's what everyone was saying about us until about August 10th of last year when we started sucking.

Let's see what happens - and Detroit can win it all. It's about time they get respect. Will they? That's debateable.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
Most importantly Leyland? He fills out the lineup card and gives good pep talks.

I dunno, I guess I wouldn't mind knowing my leader has dealt with adversity, and knowing that he has a pretty solid track record when it comes to the playoffs, and knowing he has a World Series ring...but then again, maybe that's just me. :huh

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 02:08 AM)
I dunno, I guess I wouldn't mind knowing my leader has dealt with adversity, and knowing that he has a pretty solid track record when it comes to the playoffs, and knowing he has a World Series ring...but then again, maybe that's just me. :huh

remember the last time he dealt with adversity? he just gave up 100% on the rockies. remember when he was hired? he said he didn't know any of the players on his team.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
They are getting nervous, you can see it right down to that bum Pudge getting kicked out over a slider down the middle. THE HEAT IS ON.

That pitch was clearly a ball... it was somewhat close though and with 2 strikes you got to protect so he shouldnt of made that big of a fuss.