AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
I'll wager that Detroit has won quite a few games on the strenght of sloppy play by the opponent's defense this year, and I doubt they complain afterwards.

Yeah, Detroit gave us a few runs on defense...but we also didn't give them any gifts back.

In the recent weeks a horses*** Cleveland bullpen comes to mind. They need to prove they can beat the Red Sox, Yankees and White Sox. They went 1-5 at home against them and have to play both at their places this season.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Really? I think we pitched pretty well. Sandy's clutch sac fly has to count as something, too.

We did pitch well, but our offense really wasn't there, we didn't turn that double play, and Mark fell apart after the failed potential DP to give up the 3 runs. We weren't bad, but really we didn't deserve that game. HOWEVER, like I said I'll take it. Detroit has won a ton of games they shouldn't this year, way more than we have.

The thing, in fact, that makes me feel so good right now is we've won 2 games this week we shouldn't because good teams (Yanks, Tigers) gave us chances and we did enough to take advantage. Us getting the breaks and us also taking advantage of them is vintage 2005 Sox.

While we certainly benefited from the sloppy Detroit defense today, this game and our previous wins have been really encouraging. One of the biggest keys to our success last year was our ability to capitalize on mistakes. Our play over the past week, and especially today's game, has 2005 written all over it.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
Horrible defense by Detroit. I'm not worried though. Much bigger series for Chicago then it was for Detroit.

And you'd be saying what if the tables were turned?

Amazing how the tide is starting to turn and now the games don't matter as much?

GMAB.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh?

well i subscribe to mlb.tv and fortunately enough i own a limo company in San Diego....which means i get to watch the games just about whenever...i have been following how destroyit & mini have been doing....and well destroyit finally looked like their heads were WAYTOBIG after they beat mini in game 1 of the last series they played...i know far too well that is a badddd sign to see in a team...just when you think you have arrived somewhere...you better check yourself at the door...especially if you are new to it....& i am referencing destroyit not you....

so does that answer your huh?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll wager that Detroit has won quite a few games on the strenght of sloppy play by the opponent's defense this year, and I doubt they complain afterwards.

Yeah, Detroit gave us a few runs on defense...but we also didn't give them any gifts back.

you just won that wager...i saw TB practically give the games away that promptly gave destroyit the confidence and momentum they have ridden...

hopefully they are hitting a major speedbump...& THAT BE US!

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
And you'd be saying what if the tables were turned?

Amazing how the tide is starting to turn and now the games don't matter as much?

GMAB.

You can't say these games matter to the Tigers more than the Sox. The Sox came out on top, kudos to them, no problem. Tigers win tomorrow, 7.5 up, lose, still 5.5 which is a decent lead. If the Sox got swept it would've been much harder for them to win the division. I'm not saying that just because "the tides are turning"

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
well i subscribe to mlb.tv and fortunately enough i own a limo company in San Diego....which means i get to watch the games just about whenever...i have been following how destroyit & mini have been doing....and well destroyit finally looked like their heads were WAYTOBIG after they beat mini in game 1 of the last series they played...i know far too well that is a badddd sign to see in a team...just when you think you have arrived somewhere...you better check yourself at the door...especially if you are new to it....& i am referencing destroyit not you....

so does that answer your huh?

you just won that wager...i saw TB practically give the games away that promptly gave destroyit the confidence and momentum they have ridden...

hopefully they are hitting a major speedbump...& THAT BE US!

Yes

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
You can't say these games matter to the Tigers more than the Sox. The Sox came out on top, kudos to them, no problem. Tigers win tomorrow, 7.5 up, lose, still 5.5 which is a decent lead. If the Sox got swept it would've been much harder for them to win the division. I'm not saying that just because "the tides are turning"

I hear ya, and were the tables turned, no doubt we would be downplaying these games too. But you can't fault us for being happy - division or not, we need wins to get to the playoffs no matter who the opponent is.

And bigger collapses have happened - so don't count out the Sox overtaking the division, even though the odds are against us. A month and a half of baseball to go.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
Sadly, Mackowiak will almost certainly wind up starting in CF tomorrow.

You just killed my buzz.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Did Uribe screw up the DP ball, or did PK just come off the bag? I decided to listen on the radio while in the pool, and Farmer made it sound like it was PK's fault.

That was all Uribe. Farmer is an idiot if he blamed it on PK.

The thing that has to worry Detroit fans is the 8-3 record the Sox hold over the Tigers right now.

If Buerhle is back on track like he appears to be, that is obviously HUGE for the Sox.

I'd be disappointed if the Sox can't get the sweep tomorrow, although it is another series win already, and that can't be discounted.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Did Uribe screw up the DP ball, or did PK just come off the bag? I decided to listen on the radio while in the pool, and Farmer made it sound like it was PK's fault.

Pauly was on the bag... he tried walking off the field to sell the out... but it didn't work...

Uribe took too much time getting the ball out of his glove.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
I hear ya, and were the tables turned, no doubt we would be downplaying these games too. But you can't fault us for being happy - division or not, we need wins to get to the playoffs no matter who the opponent is.

And bigger collapses have happened - so don't count out the Sox overtaking the division, even though the odds are against us. A month and a half of baseball to go.

Where did I fault you for being happy?

You should be!

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)

And if the Sox had been swept, they still have the Wild Card, so it's not really a big series at all.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
You just killed my buzz.

That was all Uribe. Farmer is an idiot if he blamed it on PK.

The Fox Announcers gave the "Player of the Game" to Kenny Rogers because all of Sox runs were unearned. That may be true, But the error by Carlos Guillen only extended the inning. Rogers gave up both key 2 out hits by Uribe and Anderson to tie the game. Whose fault was that? Anderson's average with runners in scoring position is only .146. That is a poor job of pitching by Rogers and he deserved the loss.

Uribe had a small problem with the relay to PK but was not charged with an error because an out was recorded on the play. So one could say that the runs off Buerhle were unearned, but not officially.

:gosox3: