We win tomorrow and we win this division

Greg Hibbard

I really feel that tomorrow's game will decide the division

if we win, I'm really confident we can beat them in the next two series

if we lose, 7.5 games back is going to be too tough

it's s***ty to place so much emphasis on one game, but here we are

even so, we really cannot be unhappy with 69-46 at this point

if we can just keep winning series we will still have a chance at even winning 100 games

31-16 is not totally unreasonable

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
I really feel that tomorrow's game will decide the division

if we win, I'm really confident we can beat them in the next two series

if we lose, 7.5 games back is going to be too tough

it's s***ty to place so much emphasis on one game, but here we are

even so, we really cannot be unhappy with 69-46 at this point

if we can just keep winning series we will still have a chance at even winning 100 games

31-16 is not totally unreasonable

I hope you're right. I also hope Ozzie doesn't dump the entire bench into the starting lineup tomorrow :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
If we win tomorrow AND win 3 of 4 at Detroit, I'll get on this bus.

If we get good pitching, no one will stop us. I've said it all year, but I'm yet to be convinced that the good pitching is there yet. Baby steps though and they are making some strides. The ridiculous performance of the pen today was super sweet though.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
If we get good pitching, no one will stop us. I've said it all year, but I'm yet to be convinced that the good pitching is there yet. Baby steps though and they are making some strides. The ridiculous performance of the pen today was super sweet though.

I'm not worried about the pen unless Cotts is in to be honest, they are good. However if we get good pitching, we'll win tomorrow and win 3 of 4 at Detroit, hence me saying that senario will lead to me saying we'll win the division. Detroit's offense can't hold our offense's jock strap, so if we get pitching from the starters to go with our pen, they are in deep do do.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)
Detroit may be feelin the pressure...5 errors in 2 games. Here we come baby!!!

The nice part is this past week, we've actually been the team winning games we had no business to win while for most of the season it was us losing games we should have won.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
With them heading to Boston and us hosting KC for 4 games....hence tomorrow is HUGE.

Every game is huge. I'm just not gonna go overboard. I knew Detroit was gonna hit a wall at some point. It certainly doesn't mean they're gonna collapse. I hope they do, of course.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
With them heading to Boston and us hosting KC for 4 games....hence tomorrow is HUGE.

You still have to play the games.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
Um, one game at a time. Remember, we have 4 in Detroit in two weeks. That's going to be a lot more important then these games are.

However, thats 2 weeks into the future. Right now tomorrow's game is the biggest of the season. If we don't play good baseball, 2 weeks from now may not matter. It starts with just going out each and every day, giving it your best and playing fundemental baseball, I've long said we do that we are golden. The bad news is, we've had a hell of a time consistently doing it this season and we've been lucky for the most part that our offense has been ridiculously good.