8/12 @ 1:05 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
Ozzie...please get someone up in the pen. Your family member is the worst pitcher on the entire roster.

No, do not use the pen now. That would be dumb, we can't win games throwing our pen in the 4th inning. We just used the pen yesterday so you can't just sit out and throw a 4 inning game with the pen in the regular season on any consistent basis if you watn to play winning baseball.

Freddy is gonna suck but we need him to throw a few more innings.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
No, do not use the pen now. That would be dumb, we can't win games throwing our pen in the 4th inning. We just used the pen yesterday so you can't just sit out and throw a 4 inning game with the pen in the regular season on any consistent basis if you watn to play winning baseball.

we've got KC next, sure we can.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)

I think winning today is more important than having a fresh bullpen for tomorrow. We could use McCarthy and Cotts in long relief today.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)

We didn't use McCarthy yesterday, so I think the best we can hope for is to get 1 more inning from Freddy and somehow still have the lead, then have McCarthy take care of the 6th and 7th, and maybe part of the 8th.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
ban.gif

The code of conduct asks not to make posts about players like this. Seriously. Wishing for one of our guys to get hurt? Get a grip.

You're right, I should have stuck with asking for him to get placed on the DL due to shoulder stiffness. I'm sorry, and I'll delete the post.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
You are the only one who has faith in Freddy.

You are gonna have a tough time finding me saying that. But that hasn't stopped you before. I just thought it was kind of strange to say he has blown a lead when he hasn't blown it yet.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
I think winning today is more important than having a fresh bullpen for tomorrow. We could use McCarthy and Cotts in long relief today.

No, winning today will be harder if we turned things to the pen NOW. We don't have a guy that can just go out and throw 3 or 4 innings since Ozzie doesn't seem to use Bmac in that way and well thats life, we can't just magically change things.

It would be absolutely assinine to go to the pen right now, after using it yesterday. We can't just destroy our pen consistently using 4 or 5 guys a game. IN the post-season you can chance that cause of the off-days, you can't do it when you have the stretch of consecutive games that this team has right now.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
You are gonna have a tough time finding me saying that. But that hasn't stopped you before. I just thought it was kind of strange to say he has blown a lead when he hasn't blown it yet.

I was posting it as Sean was circling the bases. Hence it was a blown lead. He got called back as it was a ground rule double.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
We didn't use McCarthy yesterday, so I think the best we can hope for is to get 1 more inning from Freddy and somehow still have the lead, then have McCarthy take care of the 6th and 7th, and maybe part of the 8th.

That I wouldn't have as much of a problem with, but you can't go in the 4th inning, thats way too early.