8/12 @ 1:05 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
I think our team has been caught stealing more times than any team in the history of baseball

That would be difficult seeing as how we aren't even last in the league this season. That honor goes to the team we are playing who only has a SB% of 60, while ours is 66. We are in 11th.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
NEVER make the last out of an inning stealing.

it's called being agressive, get over it

cardinal rules of baseball are 1st out at 3rd and last out at 3rd, other than that, i know of no rule about trying to steal second, he was trying to get him into scoring position. what don't you understand? it was a good idea.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
this game definetly doesn't have that same positive feeling that the last 2 had

I remember being declaring our boys dead yesterday as well....its amazing to me sometimes how much negative energy exists on this board.

In my mind, a sweep is a foregone conclusion.

Lets go Sox....get the job done!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
Jesus, did any of you play fundemental baseball, you run in that situation all day long (especially since BA has good speed).

I absolutely understand why you try to steal in that situation. However, it's disappointing that Anderson wasn't able to get a better jump in that situation where the pitcher is focusing on the hitter with a 2 strike count.

QUOTE(sin city sox fan @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
I remember being declaring our boys dead yesterday as well....its amazing to me sometimes how much negative energy exists on this board.

It's par for the course my friend.

QUOTE(sin city sox fan @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)

what negativity? it has a feeling to it, there's no negativity to my comment, you sound to be fishing for some post so you could just say what you want

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)

cardinal rules of baseball are 1st out at 3rd and last out at 3rd, other than that, i know of no rule about trying to steal second, he was trying to get him into scoring position. what don't you understand? it was a good idea.

At least some of us get the basic concepts of fundemental baseball and when you have your leadoff hitter down 0-2 in the count with 2 outs you send the guy on first if he has any speed to try and give you a shot of a 2 out hit with RISP or you get your leadoff guy a fresh count.

Freddy didn't look pretty but two hit to the deepest part of the park where BA gets em and Pudge whiffing on a hanging curve. Now lets get a few more runs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:38 PM)
I absolutely understand why you try to steal in that situation. However, it's disappointing that Anderson wasn't able to get a better jump in that situation where the pitcher is focusing on the hitter with a 2 strike count.

Our whole team seems to really be having some terrible SB technique lately. Up and down the list, no one is getting good jumps.

Brian Anderson is better than Jesus. Freddy Garcia got through 5, qualifies for the win, and can be removed if he gets in trouble.

Oh btw, I think with Mack in CF that inning this game is now tied.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)

oh ya, of course, the situation was perfect, but Anderson is a horrible base stealer, he'll get better, his speed's there just needs to get the head for it.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)

:violin

You can be aggressive. I prefer to win baseball games.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:38 PM)

Ummm...the jump was good, I replayed it as well, the problem was it was essentially a pitch out with the ball missing in a spot where Pudge was in golden position to gun him down. The throw was a bit high but the pitch was an easy one for the catcher to handle (especially one with a gun like Pudge has).