8/12 @ 1:05 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
Our whole team seems to really be having some terrible SB technique lately. Up and down the list, no one is getting good jumps.

Brian Anderson is better than Jesus. Freddy Garcia got through 5, qualifies for the win, and can be removed if he gets in trouble.

Oh btw, I think with Mack in CF that inning this game is now tied.

Mack isn't very good in center, but I'm pretty sure he gets those balls fairly easily. They were high, high fly balls.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
Our whole team seems to really be having some terrible SB technique lately. Up and down the list, no one is getting good jumps.

The thing that's disturbing is that not only are they getting thrown out, they're getting thrown out by 5 feet.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)

Brian Anderson is better than Jesus. Freddy Garcia got through 5, qualifies for the win, and can be removed if he gets in trouble.

Oh btw, I think with Mack in CF that inning this game is now tied.

I wonder if any of it has to do with the difference at 1st base (between Baines and Raines).

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
it's called being agressive, get over it

cardinal rules of baseball are 1st out at 3rd and last out at 3rd, other than that, i know of no rule about trying to steal second, he was trying to get him into scoring position. what don't you understand? it was a good idea.

i always thought the cardinal rules were more like... keep your eye on the ball... or ya know... something like that...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
I wonder if any of it has to do with the difference at 1st base (between Baines and Raines).

I was going to ask you this: the organization doesn't seem pleased with Tim Raines. Might they feel like he's not doing a good job with the runners?

QUOTE(Reddy @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
i always thought the cardinal rules were more like... keep your eye on the ball... or ya know... something like that...

no, thats not what a cardinal rule means...those are like fundamental rules, big difference.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
I was going to ask you this: the organization doesn't seem pleased with Tim Raines. Might they feel like he's not doing a good job with the runners?

raines is on the bench....... baserunners were better last season when raines was at 1B...

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)

I was actually thinking it hurts us that Raines wanted to be on the bench talking to the players more since I think he can give a lot more pointers when it comes to getting good jumps on steals, reading pickoff moves, etc than Baines can.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
what negativity? it has a feeling to it, there's no negativity to my comment, you sound to be fishing for some post so you could just say what you want

I'm not fishing for anything....it just amazes me that this team is playing .600 and has a 2 game lead in the wild card....yet many posters continually say we are doomed for the season and not headed to the playoffs.

We are leading in this game and ready to sweep the division leading Tigers...it should be a time of positive energy and expectations.

This has been a great week, a great weekend, and a great game thus far for the White Sox.....can't everyone just be happy about it rather than forecasting doom?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)

That's one possible excuse. I doubt Baines is that good at seeing how to get a good jump at 1b. Anderson having problems i sort of understand...i doubt he's had much experience really working on SB technique, especially as much time as he's spent learning how to swing the bat this year. But Podsednik, Dye, others having so much trouble? That's worrisome.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
no, thats not what a cardinal rule means...those are like fundamental rules, big difference.

lol are you serious???

ok what is the definition for a cardinal rule then your all-knowingness?