Reggie Bush

That one 40 some odd run he had was freaking outstanding. I've been watching NFL Huddle or whatever its called and all I had to see was that run and the speed he has to see that this kid is gonna be a special kind of player if he stays heatlhy. The Texans going to regret passing him by for a DE.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
I guess I should be glad I nabbed him in my keeper league...

Yes you should be. Only thing that will stop him is an injury and it would be sad for it to happen. He's a smart kid who has done a lot of New Orleans already and is just an insane athlete.

Of all the problems the New Orleans Saints have faced in the past year, no one could have imagined their woes would be compounded by a reckless driving mascot.

"T-Rac," the Tennessee Titans' raccoon-like mascot, hit Saints quarterback Adrian McPherson with a golf cart as he walked onto the field for the second half Saturday night, bruising him and knocking him out of New Orleans' 19-16 victory in the teams' exhibition opener.

"He got run over by the mascot," coach Sean Payton said. "I don't know what to do. We've got to play the Titans. The mascots and all the other stuff going on, it's crazy."

I just saw this. Was watching NFL network and they were talking about it, ROFL.

Vince Young sprained his ankle in the 4th quarter when he was scrambling, got hit and just threw the ball into the air (horrid pass).

Packers are getting shellacked. I LOVE FOOTBALL.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
Vince Young sprained his ankle in the 4th quarter when he was scrambling, got hit and just threw the ball into the air (horrid pass).

That sounds like his entire pro career to be. When men are tackling him he isn't going to break 5 tackles a play.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:05 AM)
That sounds like his entire pro career to be. When men are tackling him he isn't going to break 5 tackles a play.

The key word in your sentence. Vince better learn he isn't playing against boys anymore.

Oh and Lendale White (while I think he has the ability to be an awesome powerhouse back) is an absolute turd. The guy was wearing a 100 pound circular thing of bling because he's a total prick.

The type of guy I would not be shocked if he failed out of the league because he thinks stuff should get handed to him as opposed to him earning it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
Oh and Lendale White (while I think he has the ability to be an awesome powerhouse back) is an absolute turd. The guy was wearing a 100 pound circular thing of bling because he's a total prick.

The type of guy I would not be shocked if he failed out of the league because he thinks stuff should get handed to him as opposed to him earning it.

From what I've heard and read about White, some of the most troubling are: overweight, cant shed tacklers, doesnt possess breakaway speed, not overly fast to begin with, if taken in 1st round the selecting team will be disappointed, poor attitude and work ethic, NFL d-lines will eat him alive.

IMO, he was successful at USC because he was a drastic changeup to the electric Reggie Bush. In the NFL, he's just a fat guy who thinks he is better than he really is.

He could very easily be a 2nd round bust as well.

As for Vince Young...could be a Mike Vick rerun...all flash, little substance. Meaning, might make a good running play, but if forced to pass, he wont win you a game. But I might be biased, as I have been saying a while Atlanta should have Matt Schaub at starting QB. Their running game is already good, their poor passing game isnt a byproduct of poor recievers, it is a byproduct of one of the worst passers in the game and the most overrated player in NFL history. Selling jerseys doesnt win you games.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 04:57 AM)
I just saw this. Was watching NFL network and they were talking about it, ROFL.

Packers are getting shellacked. I LOVE FOOTBALL.

17-3 is shellacked? Their starting offense scored like 1 Touchdown against the Packers starting D. Hardly a "shellacking".

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 04:15 AM)
It's gonna be close. Bush is special. And I don't mean Ron Santo special.

lol, ouch. I like Reggie as much as anyone, just comparing anyone to Jordan in any sport is a pretty tough comparison imo.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
That one 40 some odd run he had was freaking outstanding. I've been watching NFL Huddle or whatever its called and all I had to see was that run and the speed he has to see that this kid is gonna be a special kind of player if he stays heatlhy. The Texans going to regret passing him by for a DE.

:cheers I agree Bush is going to be a outstanding player. FIGHT ON! USC!

We all know Reggie is blazing fast. The main question now is how durable he will be. He has a thick body, and didn't have much injury problems at USC, which would lead me to believe he ok in the NFL. He seems to have the very important ability to adjust his body just before the hit to deflect some of the force, ala Barry Sanders. He's going to be a special "slash" player.

As for Mario Williams, don't count him out at all. He came out of the combines as impressive as Julius Peppers. Granted, Julius gained 25 pounds in the NFL and actually improved his 40 time, but Mario is still a freak of nature, in the same class athletically as Freeney, Peppers, and Kearse. We will see if he shows the same production on the field.

And smart fantasy footballers across the globe rejoice as all the Reggie Bush hype make that one guy in your draft pick Reggie way too early. (Granted I think he's an late 2nd/early 3rd rounder right now; I'm assuming he gets overdrafted in early 2nd and possibly late 1st) :P

QUOTE(Fotop @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
And smart fantasy footballers across the globe rejoice as all the Reggie Bush hype make that one guy in your draft pick Reggie way too early. (Granted I think he's an late 2nd/early 3rd rounder right now; I'm assuming he gets overdrafted in early 2nd and possibly late 1st) :P

Are they planning on him returning kicks or punts? I know it won't count in most, if not all fantasy leagues on individual stats, but that increases his chances of injury

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all know Reggie is blazing fast. The main question now is how durable he will be. He has a thick body, and didn't have much injury problems at USC, which would lead me to believe he ok in the NFL. He seems to have the very important ability to adjust his body just before the hit to deflect some of the force, ala Barry Sanders. He's going to be a special "slash" player.

As for Mario Williams, don't count him out at all. He came out of the combines as impressive as Julius Peppers. Granted, Julius gained 25 pounds in the NFL and actually improved his 40 time, but Mario is still a freak of nature, in the same class athletically as Freeney, Peppers, and Kearse. We will see if he shows the same production on the field.

I don't believe he has a thick body though. He is not small and thick like Portis or Barry Sanders. He just seems small. He didn't have many injury problems at USC basically because he was not pounding the ball inside and he wasn't getting as many touches as he will in the pros. I really don't believe he is an every down back and will be very shocked if he is ever used that way. We will see of course, but I wouldn't get all hyped up over one preseason play. That is kind of silly.