All Star Baseball 2004

I just bought it used, and it didn't come with instructions.

I may sound like an idiot, bought I tried playing my first game, and the batter wouldn't swing. I got bunting down, and I tried x to swing but he would just check swing.

How the hell do I get him to take a healthy cut?

First take a piece of steel wool and rub the underside of the disc. Then take it back to the place u bought it and ask for your money back for buying this peice of s*** game. If you are lucky and the salesperson is not a little terd u can exchange it for a real baseball game like WSB2k3 or MVP.

First take a piece of steel wool and rub the underside of the disc.  Then take it back to the place u bought it and ask for your money back for buying this peice of s*** game.  If you are lucky and the salesperson is not a little terd u can exchange it for a real baseball game like WSB2k3 or MVP.

I haven't bought ASB, but I will be getting one of those 2 games. Just not sure which one.

I've read that WSB's gameplay is not what it could be, and so I've narrowed it down to those two. Just not sure if I want to get WSB, which has the best franchise mode out of all the baseball games(and quite possibly the best franchise mode of any sporting game) or to get MVP, which has some good gameplay and has a very good hitting engine(pull an outside pitch, ground ball, hit an outside pitch the other way, good contact....that's how it's supposed to work, though I'm not sure that is actually how it does work. I played it the other day and I hit a pitch that was up and in the other way for a homer....not sure how many guys could do that in real life, let alone Steve Finley who I did it with).

I'm almost positive that I'm getting WSB....some strange s*** will have to happen for me to get MVP(like it being way cheap, but I don't see that happening any time soon. MVP is an EA game, and those will probably always be more expensive then a Sega game. I bought an XBox for that reason....much cheaper then a PS2)