8/15 @ 7:05 Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 01:44 AM)
Was he talking about how great Cora is, or was he lambasting umpires? Funny how when Uribe was obviously out, Hawk said it was a tough call.

Silvy called him out for whining about the umpires, and Hawk said that it wasn't whining since it was a fact that the umpires cost the Sox 2 games on the homestand. He was stating that it was a fact that Garland had K'd Jeter and Abreu.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 01:45 AM)
Nice to come home from work and see that Runysomething Hernadez with a 8 ERA shut down our team, and then see that Javy's clock hit the 6th inning and he implodes again.

Maybe someone can man the hell up on the O.

Don't worry, the score doesn't resemble how the game has really gone. Dye dropped a fly ball to allow one run, and our runs were a gift from the umpire and then a TERRIBLE decision by Cora to run us out of the inning.

Well the offense will be fine and I think we won't end up with 2 tonight, but the fact that 5 and dive Javy is officially back is not good news. He should NEVER pitch past the 5th ever, that Toronto game was an abberation. And although with that said, that Dye error and having 2 runs in 5 innings off the worst SP in baseball shows the lack of focus showed up 1 day late.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 01:46 AM)
The good news is we still are going to see KC pitching the rest of the evening.

We need our 4-5-6 to get it going here.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 01:47 AM)
Well the offense will be fine and I think we won't end up with 2 tonight, but the fact that 5 and dive Javy is officially back is not good news. He should NEVER pitch past the 5th ever, that Toronto game was an abberation. And although with that said, that Dye error and having 2 runs in 5 innings off the worst SP in baseball shows the lack of focus showed up 1 day late.

Did a certain manager of the White Sox really say it wasn't realistic to think we'd sweep this series? I heard that he said that on the radio, but I wasn't sure.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
Don't worry, the score doesn't resemble how the game has really gone. Dye dropped a fly ball to allow one run, and our runs were a gift from the umpire and then a TERRIBLE decision by Cora to run us out of the inning.

I wouldn't say a gift from the umpire because that was a very difficult call, but yes, from the replay it was clear that Uribe was out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)

I agree Joey made a poor decision but I really think Javy needs a doctor. He hits the sixth inning and he turns into a pussy

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
It's pretty sad that was only a single. Nice play by Brown out in left.

I don't know that it's sad. I'm glad it was one of our slow players. If it woulda been somebody in the middle they woulda been gunned down. It was a great throw.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
You know that doesn't apply. You can say it was a terrible decision, but you can't say it was a terrible decision because Paul got a hit next inning. But you know that.

it was a terrible decision because paul had a 40% chance of getting a hit.