8/15 @ 7:05 Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PA32R @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
I can't watch it.. Who? Thome down the line to first or Gooch going into second?

Or both?

not lack of hustle, bad luck...

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
Thome must have stopped running.

you crazy it was a liner... not that surprising they turned it....

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
Boo! :angry:

As this stage of the season, it's all about the loss totals. Our best chance of catching the Tigers is by doing it ourselves. I'd rather they play spoiler and help us out with the other team's loss totals that could rival us in the WC. Also, when it comes to the playoffs, I'd rather the Tigers be in it than the Red Sox. We match-up 10 times better vs the Tigers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
As this stage of the season, it's all about the loss totals. Our best chance of catching the Tigers is by doing it ourselves. I'd rather they play spoiler and help us out with the other team's loss totals that could rival us in the WC. Also, when it comes to the playoffs, I'd rather the Tigers be in it than the Red Sox. We match-up 10 times better vs the Tigers.

if i recall correctly we didnt match up too well against the sawks last year.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
you crazy it was a liner... not that surprising they turned it....

It was a soft liner that bounced away from Teahen. Thome probably presumed it would be caught. If he was running out of the box, he'd easily beat it out.

Nice play Juan!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
It was a soft liner that bounced away from Teahen. Thome probably presumed it would be caught. If he was running out of the box, he'd easily beat it out.

Nice play Juan!

or he saw it caught, slowed down, then saw it drop and sped up again...

man i know that i for one wouldnt have done that. nope. i woulda run REALLY HARD seeing my hit caught... uh huh.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 12:59 AM)
or he saw it caught, slowed down, then saw it drop and sped up again...

man i know that i for one wouldnt have done that. nope. i woulda run REALLY HARD seeing my hit caught... uh huh.

If you hit a liner that a guy has to jump for, you should be running through the base until you're sure it's caught. It's not a big deal...our hustle has been better than it was a month ago. It's just surprising because no one hustles down the line more than Thome.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 06:00 PM)
If you hit a liner that a guy has to jump for, you should be running through the base until you're sure it's caught. It's not a big deal...our hustle has been better than it was a month ago. It's just surprising because no one hustles down the line more than Thome.

It could only be the same or better.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)

thats true... but of all guys i'm usually not very quick to criticize thome for his hustle. he plays hard.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
espn just didn't believe in our pitching

in reality because of the pitching we matched up quite favorably

the important point is that yes, i would rather face the tiggers than the sawks in the post season - BUT with the yanks being a lot better lately and the sawks having injury issues... i feel like the yanks are probably gonna make it in, and there's little way the tigers get beat out in the WC assuming we take the division so...

go Boston!

Edited by Reddy