AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
BA helping that OBP. :)

I :wub: Brian

Anyone catch his interview with Chuck Garfine (sp?) Classic.. :lol:

BTW, Garland was outstanding.

I didn't see that interview, but I've seen other interviews with Brian, whether it be on TV or the radio, and he's just one big goof. I think that's why I like him so much. He's just a regular goofy dude.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 02:56 AM)
He's hitting like .300 or something like that since July first. I knew patience would pay off in his case. This kid can seriously play. He'll be all-star caliber by '08.

I wouldnt call him a future allstar but a pretty damn good player and i guess maybe 1-2 allstar appearances if all goes right. He has a lot of power that we havent seen yet that I think will come out next season.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
I wouldnt call him a future allstar but a pretty damn good player and i guess maybe 1-2 allstar appearances if all goes right. He has a lot of power that we havent seen yet that I think will come out next season.

It's like night and day when you look at Brian now compared to April and May. His at-bats are mostly all quality now. He's actually been hitting the ball a lot better than even his .300 average since July 1 would suggest. He had a stetch for a while where he was hitting ropes all over the place. They were just right at people. I agree with you about his power. He's easily capable of hitting atleast 20 home runs. Combine that with his speed and breath-taking defense out in center, it won't be long before he's considered all-star caliber, IMO.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Personally though if i had to take a choice of young OF's in mlb id take Nick Markakis over Brian. I just love watching that kid play.

I've haven't seen too much of him outside of when the O's play the White Sox. He's pretty good from what I've seen. I'll go with Brian, though.

Great win. I watched TV and after a scoreless tie after 3 including

the play where Pauley got caught off third on the hard grounder it

looked like we might play sloppy and get beat.

Not quite.

Blowout.

I hope the team forgets it and gets a good nite's sleep or good n drunk

and sleep's in and takes care of business in game 2.

We really need to win all of these if we can heading into the next road

trip.

Wish Boston coulda keep Det. slumping. That sucks Det. went into Boston

and kicked some butt.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
Great win. I watched TV and after a scoreless tie after 3 including

the play where Pauley got caught off third on the hard grounder it

looked like we might play sloppy and get beat.

Not quite.

Blowout.

I hope the team forgets it and gets a good nite's sleep or good n drunk

and sleep's in and takes care of business in game 2.

We really need to win all of these if we can heading into the next road

trip.

Wish Boston coulda keep Det. slumping. That sucks Det. went into Boston

and kicked some butt.

We did extend our WC lead to 3.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
I didn't see that interview, but I've seen other interviews with Brian, whether it be on TV or the radio, and he's just one big goof. I think that's why I like him so much. He's just a regular goofy dude.

the interview where he and Chuck "switch places"? Yes, that was hysterical. An instant classic.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
It's like night and day when you look at Brian now compared to April and May. His at-bats are mostly all quality now. He's actually been hitting the ball a lot better than even his .300 average since July 1 would suggest. He had a stetch for a while where he was hitting ropes all over the place. They were just right at people. I agree with you about his power. He's easily capable of hitting atleast 20 home runs. Combine that with his speed and breath-taking defense out in center, it won't be long before he's considered all-star caliber, IMO.

:lol:

I think you might be getting a little too into his defense.

Brian with some great at bats last night. Takes advantage of the infield in with that bloop RBI single, works a count 3-1 before getting a base hit, a 9 pitch walk, sitting on a fastball and yanking it over the left field wall......very impressive. The one thing I am thinking about in regards to 2007 is how good this guy is going to be. Great game to be at, Garland was great, had the bowling ball pitch in full affect.