Official Game Thread 8/16 - KC vs Sox 7:05

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
It's my fault...I was actually incredibly optimistic for yesterday's game. It was probably the most confident I've ever been for a Sox game.

I dont think i could have been MORE optimistic for our chances against the Royals this week, looks like the Sox, unfortunately, felt the same way

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
We are not a very smart team right now. We have a golden golden opportunity. We are facing one of the worst teams in baseball. We are facing some of the worst pitchers in baseball. While Detroit and Boston beat up on each other.

And we decide to mail it in. How the hell are we a few games over 500 against this horrible horrible team.

when the manager really doens't give a s*** do you think that the players will?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
I just hate that Jose got slapped around without using his best pitch. I think he forgets sometimes how great his forkball is.

I hate not feeling confident about anyone of our guys from start to start. Jose was the one guy I felt good about. Not so much anymore.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
I'm not trying to defend Jose. He was bad. But the Royals can swing the bats. They've got to be 1 or 2 in runs scored since Andre David became their hitting coach.

I realize they're not a pushover offensively. But 7 runs? Considering Contreras hasn't had trouble against the Royals in the past, this performance is unexpected.

No excuses, here. Battling the Royals in games you NEED to win -- or in the least, keep fairly close -- pitching games such as tonight doesn't lend hope to "finding a rhythm."

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
I realize they're not a pushover offensively. But 7 runs? Considering Contreras hasn't had trouble against the Royals in the past, this performance is unexpected.

No excuses, here. Battling the Royals in games you NEED to win -- or in the least, keep fairly close -- pitching games such as tonight doesn't lend hope to "finding a rhythm."

Oh I agree. I can't stress how pissed off and dissapointed I am in Jose right now. I just wanted to point out that it's not like the Royals haven't been doing this to a lot of guys of late. I even believe they've gotten to Johan Santana a couple times.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)

Perhaps this will help us find some rhythm:

red-stripe.jpg

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:20 AM)
Just sat down and saw this score and was sure it was a mistake.

Is Contreras really that bad tonight?

Yes, he's thrown way too many pitches over the heart of the plate. Who knows if the 3rd inning would have been different if either Pods or Cintron catch a routine shallow pop fly.

We're a terribly coached team.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
OMG DID HAWK JUST QUESTION THIS TEAMS DESIRE?!?!?!?!

i guess when all you see is a big pile of s*** you have to admit that it's there.

If anyone would know it's him. That's not good if its true, but it would be hard to argue that

Edited by CYGarland