Official Game Thread 8/16 - KC vs Sox 7:05

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
Ozzie looked like he was trying to win for a few days there. Now, it's back to the mentality that we're simply better than every other team and we don't have to prove it.

I made the comment during yesterday's game that it looked like we thought all we had to do is show up, and the game was over. There's been no concentration at the plate, in the field, and on the mound.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
Here we go on the "We beat ourselves $hit". The reason we arent as good this year, is because everyone else is better, and our starters have Vastly underachieved.

Last year we beat the crappy teams, and held our own against the good teams. This year we do good against most of the good teams, and then play just over 500 ball against crappy teams. Meanwhile the Twinks and the Tigers beat the living snot out of crappy teams.

We are currently losing this division based on our record vs the Royals this year. If we won a few more games, we would be right in the thick of this.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
Last year we beat the crappy teams, and held our own against the good teams. This year we do good against most of the good teams, and then play just over 500 ball against crappy teams. Meanwhile the Twinks and the Tigers beat the living snot out of crappy teams.

The more things change, the more this feels like 2001-2004 White Sox baseball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
I made the comment during yesterday's game that it looked like we thought all we had to do is show up, and the game was over. There's been no concentration at the plate, in the field, and on the mound.

It's been like that for a while. We don't show up against quite a few teams.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
You can pretty much throw out any momentum we gained from sweeping the Tigers. This is just brutal.

If we lose tonight, we have negative momentum. I don't even want to think what will happen if we lose tomorrow heading into Minnesota.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
You can pretty much throw out any momentum we gained from sweeping the Tigers. This is just brutal.

YUP. And the pitching once again failed to concentrate, the offense decided to go for an HR at every at bat. This team only likes playoff type baseball.

Corpseball 2006 is back. Swing for the fences, kick the ball around on defense, and then pitch like s***.

It would be nice for our staff to get the memo that again this is another crappy dogs*** worthless pitcher out there.

Nice K looking there Thome.

We must lead the league in taking strike 3.

HOLY s*** WE ACTUALLY HIT A LINE DRIVE. OMG CANCEL THE POSTGAME.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
And after last weekend's sweep i thought things were really starting to come around for this team, BOY was I wrong. After last nite and tonite's debacle, i'm befuddled as to what to think of this team now. :unsure:

It's my fault...I was actually incredibly optimistic for yesterday's game. It was probably the most confident I've ever been for a Sox game.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
Absolutely embarrassing.

Someone tell me -- do aces typically surrender 7 runs to the Kansas City Royals?

I'm not trying to defend Jose. He was bad. But the Royals can swing the bats. They've got to be 1 or 2 in runs scored since Andre David became their hitting coach.

This guy Bernero is the 16th starting pitcher the Royals have used this year. That means that the Royals thought 15 other pitchers in their horrible organization were better than this guy and he is completely shutting us down. What in the hell is wrong with our guys?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
I'm not trying to defend Jose. He was bad. But the Royals can swing the bats. They've got to be 1 or 2 in runs scored since Andre David became their hitting coach.

I just hate that Jose got slapped around without using his best pitch. I think he forgets sometimes how great his forkball is.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
And after last weekend's sweep i thought things were really starting to come around for this team, BOY was I wrong. After last nite and tonite's debacle, i'm befuddled as to what to think of this team now. :unsure:

We are not a very smart team right now. We have a golden golden opportunity. We are facing one of the worst teams in baseball. We are facing some of the worst pitchers in baseball. While Detroit and Boston beat up on each other.

And we decide to mail it in. How the hell are we a few games over 500 against this horrible horrible team.