Arrest in the Jon Benet Ramsey Murder?

kapkomet

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
The body had no signs of drugs or alcohol, per autopsy.

yeah I know... but this looks like a further inconsistency. Even if the drug tests missed something, it makes no sense to use a stun gun on someone who has been drugged.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
someone today at work wondered if maybe he was in trouble in thailand and confessed to avoid a Thai jail and would rather serve his time here in the US

That is not outside the realm of possibility. A scrawny, creepy sex offender in a jail in Thailand? Plus he probably knows he won't be convicted here. Plus as stated, the guy has read every shred of crap on the case. That theory does seem to fit the facts, so its possible.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
That is not outside the realm of possibility. A scrawny, creepy sex offender in a jail in Thailand? Plus he probably knows he won't be convicted here. Plus as stated, the guy has read every shred of crap on the case. That theory does seem to fit the facts, so its possible.

Why is the guy in Thailand in the first place?

To me this sounds like a child predator on the prowl internationally.

I don't know if this was brought up or if it was mentioned in one of the many links posted here (I'm not going to click on them all), but I heard on the radio this morning that John Ramsey said he had no direct contact with this guy, but the ransom note asked for an amount of money that was exactly what his bonus was. Either Kar is full of it and a complete nut job, or the mother is involved.

Pretty hardcore piece in the NY Post:

NY Post

August 18, 2006 -- DON'T let these parents off the hook.

In her short, awful life, JonBenet Ramsey was never allowed to grow into anything resembling a genuine person.

This child was not conceived, she was invented.

She was not raised, she was torturously trained to prance and preen like a blue-ribbon pony. At an age when ordinary girls are learning to walk, this champion baby was taught to sashay like a miniature dime-store tart.

Until her death this year, JonBenet's mother, Patsy Paugh Ramsey, was a failed beauty queen whose life's ambition was to become Miss America.

When she did not make the cut, she grew determined that JonBenet - a name derived from her emotionless father's handle, John Bennett - was going to succeed where her disappointing life had left off.

And so, little JonBenet was developed into a new, perfected version of her own mother. She danced like a dream.

And dressed like a grown hooker.

She was unnaturally old for her age. And above all, fiercely sexy.

Did her parents really think no one else noticed?

The murder of JonBenet Ramsey might have been predicted.

John Mark Karr, a 41-year-old former grade-school teacher - you can't invent stuff like this - has confessed to killing her by "accident." He said he loved her. She was 6. He was 31. I'll bet.

JonBenet's parents may not be directly responsible for her death, but they nurtured a baby into a magnet for every wacko and pedophile who roams the earth. Patsy died, broken, protesting her innocence - and robbed of her lifelong Miss America goals.

There is no vindication for the Ramseys.

John Ramsey will spend the rest of his life knowing that the little girl he helped make into a man-catcher finally succeeded.

Beyond his wildest dreams.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:22 AM)
I find the entire idea of child beauty pageants rather disgusting. There are plenty of sick people running around that don't need this kind of stuff out there provoking them even more.

I agree. People tell my wife and I all the time that we should get our daughter into modeling, etc. They've been saying that since she was less than 1. We just nod and politely smile, all the while thinking, "Yeah, I'm going to force my daughter into that psycho lifestyle, you crazy b****!"

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:22 AM)
I find the entire idea of child beauty pageants rather disgusting. There are plenty of sick people running around that don't need this kind of stuff out there provoking them even more.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Putting your child in a beauty pageant is like being that obnoxious parent at the Little League baseball game who yells and screams at the kids, because they are clearly trying to live out their own failed dreams via their child. Except, this a few times worse, because of the young age, danger from creeps and appearance-obsessed culture. Pathetic, really.

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:30 AM)
I agree. People tell my wife and I all the time that we should get our daughter into modeling, etc. They've been saying that since she was less than 1. We just nod and politely smile, all the while thinking, "Yeah, I'm going to force my daughter into that psycho lifestyle, you crazy b****!"

We got the samething, along with the exact same reaction. When SHE *wants* to do something, fine. But tell me how parading your young kids in front of people like that is for the kids? I don't get that part.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 09:42 AM)
We got the samething, along with the exact same reaction. When SHE *wants* to do something, fine. But tell me how parading your young kids in front of people like that is for the kids? I don't get that part.

I know I may step on some people's toes here, but here goes...we haven't even pierced her ears and think it's cruel when we see a tiny baby with earrings. We look at it this way: When she wants holes in her ear lobes she'll ask for them.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
Thing is, it seems some parts of his confession were completely incorrect from what they were saying. I am waiting for the DNA results at this point - too much odd stuff otherwise going on with this confession.

Well.. it's common knowledge that she was not drugged and that they found no evidence of sexual assult (no semen) but sex could mean something different to him - ala "I did not have sexual relations with that woman....."

Those are the 2 biggies that are inconsistant with what the world knows. I will agree that even if he knows others CS secrets that it proves nothing. That info could have been gotten easily. It's been 10 years. Someone likely slipped. Maybe even the professor by accident over the years of communicating with him. I say wait for the DNA also.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
I'm unclear as to this guy's relationship or contact with Jon Benet? Was he HER teacher at some point?

What i have been hearing in all the Denver media is that he was close to them in Georgia when they lived there. Close being anywhere from 5-20 miles. Also it was reported that The Ramsey's acctually brought up his name. Who really knows though, being right smack dab in the middle has different view points coming at me at all sides. I was driving back to my place and passed 15th on Baseline, there were about 5-6 huge satelite trucks overloading the street. I think I saw Greta Van Sustran. I was back in IL and only 13 when it acctually happened, but I can see how it overtook this town in the late 90s. There is media all over the place here...I just hope the DNA can put this case to rest and this guy isn't a weirdo trying to insert himself in the situation.

Ha, I am watchin the news right now and new news is that this Karr fellow has been married 3 times, his first 2 were to a 14 then a 16 year old......

So Burke Ramsey is a student here at Purdue and I just got done watching the local news where they urged everyone to stop bothering him. Then right after that they went on to say how they could not reach him for comment. God the media here is retarded.