Denis Leary goin' off on Mel Gibson during Red Sox game

Steff

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 08:35 AM)
The most disappointing thing about that whole damn thing is that Denis Leary, a long time Red Sox fan, had no clue that Gabe Kapler was Jewish. For shame Denis, for shame.

Eh, it's not like I know the faith of any players on the Sox. But Leary does claim to be the diehard of diehards.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 10:39 AM)
Eh, it's not like I know the faith of any players on the Sox. But Leary does claim to be the diehard of diehards.

Shawn Green and Gabe Kapler are the 2 most recognizable Jewish Baseball players currently in the league, you'd figure a supposed HUGE Red Sox fan like Denis Leary might be aware of such a thing.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
Shawn Green and Gabe Kapler are the 2 most recognizable Jewish Baseball players currently in the league, you'd figure a supposed HUGE Red Sox fan like Denis Leary might be aware of such a thing.

I think he knew and playing dumb was a set up for the rant.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)
I think he knew and playing dumb was a set up for the rant.

Agreed. I think he was obviously playing dumb with Kapler, not so sure about Youkilis, however I could understand if he didn't know the "greek god of walks" is Jewish. Hell I didn't even know that until I watched the video.