Unacceptable White Sox Loser

Greg Hibbard

There had better be a closed door meeting

or early bp

or early fielding

or hopefully all of the above

even though there is a day game

somebody's voice had better be raised in that locker room.

the intensity was not there tonight

it is unacceptable to lose that badly to that team at home with your ace on the mound.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
There had better be a closed door meeting

or early bp

or early fielding

or hopefully all of the above

even though there is a day game

somebody's voice had better be raised in that locker room.

the intensity was not there tonight

it is unacceptable to lose that badly to that team at home with your ace on the mound.

Not to mention that team was the royals of all teams...

Was an outfield of Pods, Mack and Gload, the worst defensive OF in major league history? Evidently Ozzie felt the Sox could win tonight with a split squad line-up. I noticed Grudz is hitting .292 on the season. Does he get any hits against any other team? This has turned into a pathetic series. KC had won 15 out of 60 road games until last night. A loss tomorrow would really be sad. Its hard to understand the offense going into hybernation against the Royals. Is Santana pitching this weekend? I heard the Twins have won his last 18 starts at the Metrodome, hopefully he won't.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
hence the phrase that team...

In 04 we were fighting with the twinks for the division, and we had a hard time beating the worst team in baseball the Tigers.

Now Ozzie is giving excuses. Jose looked good. And our defense was just inbetween.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
In 04 we were fighting with the twinks for the division, and we had a hard time beating the worst team in baseball the Tigers.

Now Ozzie is giving excuses. Jose looked good. And our defense was just inbetween.

The defense in between? Maybe Cintron at SS, Pods in LF, Mack in CF and Gload in RF would indicate chances are the defense isn't going to shine. Also Iguchi covering second would have been nice.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)

There is no valid excuses but did not the bosox just get swept by the royals..

there are a lot of differences between this year and 2004. For one thing, I'm not sure we were ever 27 games over .500 that year.

Sox fans, I'm sure every year from now on when doubt creeps into your mind your tendency is going to be to draw parallels on the most heartbreaking season in recent memory, however, I would always caution you against comparing a team a few games over .500 to a world championship caliber one that has flirted with 30 over, and probably will end up around that number.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:04 AM)
The defense in between? Maybe Cintron at SS, Pods in LF, Mack in CF and Gload in RF would indicate chances are the defense isn't going to shine. Also Iguchi covering second would have been nice.

If Ozzie really said that about the defense being in-between, then that's just pathetic.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
there are a lot of differences between this year and 2004. For one thing, I'm not sure we were ever 27 games over .500 that year.

Sox fans, I'm sure every year from now on when doubt creeps into your mind your tendency is going to be to draw parallels on the most heartbreaking season in recent memory, however, I would always caution you against comparing a team a few games over .500 to a world championship caliber one that has flirted with 30 over, and probably will end up around that number.

I compare it to a team that is in a playoff fight, chasing a team ahead of them, trying to make up ground while that team is playing a tough opponent while we drop games to the worst team in our division. That is the parallels to previous seasons. We were within a few games of the twinks, they started a bad streak and we couldnt take advantage of it because our pitching was inconsistant, and our offense would go to sleep vs the worst teams in baseball. The situation is similiar no matter where the records are.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)

I actually think he meant 03. That was a good team with Loaisa, Colon, Buerhle, Gordon was closing, and they actually were in first place in the middle of September before the colossal cave in. I think Loaisa lost 2 or 3 games to Detroit that year without giving up more than 2 runs, and that was the year Detroit lost close to 120 games. Loaisa should have won the Cy Young.

Edited by Dick Allen

I just wanted to chime in and say that this was clearly the worst White Sox game of the season.

1. Contreras got hammered by the worst team in baseball.

2. The Sox couldn't hit the worst team in baseball, including getting dominated by a failed AAA starting pitcher.

3. The Sox played stupid and lazy all game long.

4. After getting down 6 early, the Sox flat out gave up. They quit, and Ozzie let them quit.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
I actually think he meant 03. That was a good team with Loaisa, Colon, Buerhle, Gordon was closing, and they actually were in first place in the middle of September before the colossal cave in.

if I remember correctly we had a tough september schedule that we couldn't handle while the twins cruised

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
I can usually find atleast one positive after most losses. Not tonight. Pathetic is the only word that comes to mind.

Embarrassing would be another..... The Sweep of the Tigers brought false hope for this team winning the division, and possibly the WC. I dont think my optimisim could have turned around any faster from monday to today.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
Embarrassing would be another..... The Sweep of the Tigers brought false hope for this team winning the division, and possibly the WC. I dont think my optimisim could have turned around any faster from monday to today.

I'm still optimistic, but I just realize that the team is more flawed than a solid contender should be

before you guys hit the panic button regarding contention, let's talk about how "flawed" these teams are:

1) the Twins without Liriano (think they are going to Prior him? he will be shut down for the year eventually. They will NOT f*** with this this year, I guarantee you)

2) the Red Sox who suddenly can't field a major league rotation.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
I compare it to a team that is in a playoff fight, chasing a team ahead of them, trying to make up ground while that team is playing a tough opponent while we drop games to the worst team in our division. That is the parallels to previous seasons. We were within a few games of the twinks, they started a bad streak and we couldnt take advantage of it because our pitching was inconsistant, and our offense would go to sleep vs the worst teams in baseball. The situation is similiar no matter where the records are.

Southside, were we ever in the lead for the wild card that year?

I've given up on the division.

It's obvious we have Bosox disease the year after winning the World

Series.

Boston was good the following year; not great.

That's us.

By not winning 3 or 4 against the AAA Royals we've proven we are not

serious about winning it again.

Our only hope is to get in the playoffs via the WC and lightning might

strike in the postseason.

Don't you all agree this series proves a lot about our team just not

having what it takes to win the division?