Unacceptable White Sox Loser

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
before you guys hit the panic button regarding contention, let's talk about how "flawed" these teams are:

1) the Twins without Liriano (think they are going to Prior him? he will be shut down for the year eventually. They will NOT f*** with this this year, I guarantee you)

2) the Red Sox who suddenly can't field a major league rotation.

Southside, were we ever in the lead for the wild card that year?

And we are healthy and playing an inferior team at home. We should be putting distance between us and someone.

Boston and Detroit played each other. We should of stretched it out against one of them.

The wild card never was part of our equation. I am talking about how our team dealt with a playoff hunt before. We ran and played well before the ASB. Then had problems in the 2nd half keeping consistant. Playing pretty much 500 ball, and playing poor against bad teams.

We are healthy, our biggest wild card opponents have a major injury in their rotation, and the other one has been playing poor. How many games are we up with our great healthy team.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
I've given up on the division.

It's obvious we have Bosox disease the year after winning the World

Series.

Boston was good the following year; not great.

That's us.

By not winning 3 or 4 against the AAA Royals we've proven we are not

serious about winning it again.

Our only hope is to get in the playoffs via the WC and lightning might

strike in the postseason.

Don't you all agree this series proves a lot about our team just not

having what it takes to win the division?

This was our chance to get a good winning streak going and catch Detroit, well we have failed at that. At this point the WC is our only way in IMO, and with the way Minny has been playing, that might be a stretch.

The PFB show is pretty funny tonight.

someone called up and asked why is ozzie resting so many of his starters. PFBs answer. Well there was a right hander starting.

Oh so you start a corner OF in center because he was born with the left appendage as his primary appendage. Awsome.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
The PFB show is pretty funny tonight.

someone called up and asked why is ozzie resting so many of his starters. PFBs answer. Well there was a right hander starting.

Oh so you start a corner OF in center because he was born with the left appendage as his primary appendage. Awsome.

LOL

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
atleast the tigers split a 4 gamer against the d-rays

but that was on the road, so we're more pathetic

The Tigers have handled the teams they should handle. We simply haven't.

Wow, this team, man, it's just hard to come up with words.

After that tigers series, EVERYONE was feeling good about this team, everyone, even the most pessimistic of the bunch.

Not a whole lot you can say right now.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
And we are healthy and playing an inferior team at home. We should be putting distance between us and someone.

Boston and Detroit played each other. We should of stretched it out against one of them.

The wild card never was part of our equation. I am talking about how our team dealt with a playoff hunt before. We ran and played well before the ASB. Then had problems in the 2nd half keeping consistant. Playing pretty much 500 ball, and playing poor against bad teams.

We are healthy, our biggest wild card opponents have a major injury in their rotation, and the other one has been playing poor. How many games are we up with our great healthy team.

Count the number of unacceptable losses in the last 19 games.

I count one.

The PFB show is brought to you by skype. Nothing like your postgame show being brought to you by a piece of shareware, written by the same folks at KaZaa.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)

I count one.

Last night was acceptable???? The best O in the game, going against a pitcher with an 8 ERA, and the team they are facing is what 14-40 something on the road.

I just don't understand how we can't beat KC 3 of 4 just by showing

up. The magic isn't there, but that doesn't mean we can't plod

away, get the WC and get hot at the right time.

I have lost hope for the division title.

We're too weird a team to win it.

Hopefully the Sox will prove me wrong.

p.s. I got the feeling tonight watching the game in the ninth.

What a bummer it'd be to be poor and have tix to one game this

year after the world title year and show up for tonight's game

be down 6-0 early and have that game.

That would be miserable.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)

I count one.

I think there's a few. Scoring 7 and losing to Baltimore was unacceptable. Getting swept by Minnesota at home was unacceptable, at least one of those games must be won. Losing 2 to KC at home is unacceptable.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
The PFB show is brought to you by skype. Nothing like your postgame show being brought to you by a piece of shareware, written by the same folks at KaZaa.

Last night was acceptable???? The best O in the game, going against a pitcher with an 8 ERA, and the team they are facing is what 14-40 something on the road.

I was prepared to lose one game against the Royals, and I figured it was Vazquez. Honestly, that loss did not bother me that much.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
I was prepared to lose one game against the Royals, and I figured it was Vazquez. Honestly, that loss did not bother me that much.

Did you really think that Hernandez and his 8 ERA would shut us down at home and go deep into the game.

I mean if we lost 6-4 or something its understandable, Vaz put us in a hole. But when we lose 4-2 and we struggle to hit a crappy pitcher its pretty sad.

I didnt think we would lose a game to the Royals when we beat Redman in game one.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:51 AM)
Did you really think that Hernandez and his 8 ERA would shut us down at home and go deep into the game.

I mean if we lost 6-4 or something its understandable, Vaz put us in a hole. But when we lose 4-2 and we struggle to hit a crappy pitcher its pretty sad.

I didnt think we would lose a game to the Royals when we beat Redman in game one.

This isn't a shot at Mr. Hibbard, but I guess it's easier to be extremely positive when you just don't set your expectations high.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
This isn't a shot at Mr. Hibbard, but I guess it's easier to be extremely positive when you just don't set your expectations high.

How many times has any team swept a four game series at home in the past 20 years? It happens less than 5% of the time.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:54 AM)
How many times has any team swept a four game series at home in the past 20 years? It happens less than 5% of the time.

A crappy Indians team just swept this same KC team in a 4 game series. We've blown so many chances to sweep teams this season when we were in ideal situations. However, tomorrow's game is officially a must-win now.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)

Well the twinks just swept these same cagey royals at Kaufman in a 4 game series. The Tigers have beat them 11 out 12 times.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:57 AM)
Pods on the game tonight.

Well the ball didnt bounce our way tonight.

Pods catch the f***ing ball, dont worry about it bouncing. Just catch it.

The ball didn't bounce our way? The Royals were hammering the ball all over the field, and the Sox couldn't make solid contact. This was as one-sided a game as you'll ever see. The final score isn't even a good picture of how the game was played.

I just can't believe that we continue to neglect our outfield defense. Our pitchers have underachieved this season, but our outfield defense (outside of Anderson) has had an incredibly negative impact on our pitchers success.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Pods on the game tonight.

Well the ball didnt bounce our way tonight.

Pods catch the f***ing ball, dont worry about it bouncing. Just catch it.

Bulls***. I'm sick of Podsednik. I'm sick of Mackowiak not knowing how to judge line drives off the bats, he's not a centerfielder Oz, stop putting him there. I'm sick of watching 3 pitch at bats, and the thing that pissed me off was when a Royals runner scored from 1st in the 8th off of a double, in which I felt had no business in scoring. (I was in the upper deck? Was Ross even busting his ass to get to the ball?)

We better f***ing win tomorrow.

I have a question.

Before his time on the DL. Contreras threw his forkball over the top. He threw a hard 95 to 97 mph fastball. And then would drop down on righties from time to time to give them a different look, and then would use his slider from that angle.

Now after the DL stint. The counts is throwing pretty much side arm all the time. His fastball is down to 91. And with his drop down, the ball seems to sail up in the hitting zone a bit more. He cannot get ontop of his forkball anymore and its either hanging or not dancing.

Now for my question. If you are successful at sometime for a long period of time. Why in the name of God would you decide to completely change how you go about it. Either that bone spur still hurts, or Cooper and Ozzie need to get Jose throwing over the top more