Dodgers looking for a guy like Gload?

beck72

If Ross Gload has such an upside to him why would we be trading him to a team going for the wild card whe we are doing the saem thing? It's like dumping someone rather than making the team stronger, or keeping the winning nucleus together. It doesn't make sense. Ross Gload was going to be a situational player when kept on the roster and he knew it and everyone else did too. He has done fairly well coming off the bench. I realy would have preferred to see Borchard kept as he could play all 3 OF positions and DH, PH and PR when needed plus he was a switch hitter, but the Sox chose to keep Gload and I don't see the benefit to trading him now.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
If Ross Gload has such an upside to him why would we be trading him to a team going for the wild card whe we are doing the saem thing? It's like dumping someone rather than making the team stronger, or keeping the winning nucleus together. It doesn't make sense. Ross Gload was going to be a situational player when kept on the roster and he knew it and everyone else did too. He has done fairly well coming off the bench. I realy would have preferred to see Borchard kept as he could play all 3 OF positions and DH, PH and PR when needed plus he was a switch hitter, but the Sox chose to keep Gload and I don't see the benefit to trading him now.

So you don't like that Thornton guy, eh?