August 17th Game thread 1:05pm vs Kansas City

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
So game ova then. Turn off the TV and leave the game thread.
I have stuck with this team through thick and thin, and you couldnt pay me to turn the tv off. But i cant help but feel down with the way this team has performed these last 2 games. HOPEFULLY, we kick the $hit out of these guys today, then take at least 2 of 3 vs Minny, and at least 3 of 4 vs the Tigers.......

QUOTE(valponick @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
If we can't negotiate an extension with Buehrle then I say let him walk, $10M is too much to be paying him next year.

He'll return because even at 10 million, his salary is a relative bargain considering that amount covers one season. There's not exactly many alternatives available to us outside of outbidding other organizations for pitchers.

My ideal situation would have been for Buehlre to return next season, and hope perhaps Lumsden is available in 2008 to replace him. OOPS. Sure, Broadway remains in our system, but I would have expected Lumsden to reasonably duplicate Buehrle's numbers from this season.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)
He'll return because even at 10 million, his salary is a relative bargain considering that amount covers one season. There's not exactly many alternatives available to us outside of outbidding other organizations for pitchers.

My ideal situation would have been for Buehlre to return next season, and hope perhaps Lumsden is available in 2008 to replace him. OOPS. Sure, Broadway remains in our system, but I would have expected Lumsden to reasonably duplicate Buehrle's numbers from this season.

Lumsden was traded to KC for Macdougal

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
this game is gonna be ugly

It can't be any uglier or more pathetic than yesterday.

If this team loses 3 of 4 to the Royals, Ozzie better rip our whole team new assholes. It's embarassing that we're trying to salvage a split....

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)

good point

i just think the whole zito talk is ridiculous the guy has been good but people talk about him like he has been a CY young candidate within the last few years but he hasnt been near that the last 4 years. it is safe to say that some one will vastly overpay for his services next year