August 17th Game thread 1:05pm vs Kansas City

southsider2k5

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
BTW, Ozzie just got us a run with his managing...

Are you sure Ozzie sent him? If Pods just had the green light, that was 100% the perfect time to run. I said wait for 2 balls before the first pitch was thrown in that count.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Are you sure Ozzie sent him? If Pods just had the green light, that was 100% the perfect time to run. I said wait for 2 balls before the first pitch was thrown in that count.

Thome doesn't score that run whether he is in motion or not.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)

Ozzie also decided to PR for Thome. 2 moves there.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
but doncha think there's something wrong when you make such a big deal about managing getting us a single run?

I think there is something wrong with the general negative obsession with Ozzie, but that might just be me.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
Coming in to pitch to batters in the 8th. He has had trouble getting outs in the 9th afterwards.

in my book i think if jenks is going to become an elite pitcher, he needs to learn how to always get outs... i love bobby as much as anyone, but i dont think its ozzie's fault he's not dominating today