the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, California

AirScott

the benches cleared last night in a game vs. the Texas Rangers, and maybe it's just because it was something with the Sox, but it seems like Sciosia or his team is always getting themselves into this type of thing, with us, the Rangers, or the Nationals from last season. isn't it about time someone from Major League Baseball stepped in here?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
This whole thing basically started with Vicente Padilla 2 days ago, if anyone have their nuts stepped on by Major League Baseball it's Padilla and Showalter.

There was an article in one of the Texas papers saying that Jon Daniels may not even re-sign Padilla in the off-season just because of all the trouble he's caused this season with these type of things.

Certainly an interesting way to look at it I suppose.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 09:06 AM)
There was an article in one of the Texas papers saying that Jon Daniels may not even re-sign Padilla in the off-season just because of all the trouble he's caused this season with these type of things.

Certainly an interesting way to look at it I suppose.

WTF is his problem anyway? He's become the Danny Fortson of the MLB, he's basically just a piece of s*** headhunter at this point in his career. I don't remember him going after people when his ass was in the NL having to go up to the plate 2-3 times a game, so now that he's protected by the DH he decides to go after any hitter that looks at him the wrong way?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 07:18 AM)
I know some self-righteous poster will criticize me, but concerning the actual fight, it was quite pathetic. Looked like a couple of women slapping each other.

I'm self-righteous, so I'll step up to the plate. Why does it have to be women - why not wimpy men slapping each other?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 09:10 AM)
WTF is his problem anyway? He's become the Danny Fortson of the MLB, he's basically just a piece of s*** headhunter at this point in his career. I don't remember him going after people when his ass was in the NL having to go up to the plate 2-3 times a game, so now that he's protected by the DH he decides to go after any hitter that looks at him the wrong way?

Because he really has no pitching upside, so he decided that maybe if he headhunted a little it would improve his ERA.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
IMO it's the managers. That's not a critique at all, I think both managers are very good managers, it's just their personality rubbing off on their club.

I think Buck Showalter is a crap manager... and I have a Rangers friend who doesnt think the Rangers will ever get to the playoffs and actually win until Buck retires or is fired.