AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

Balta1701

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Horrible, horrible, horrible series. However, we picked up a game on the Twinkies and FINALLY got Mark his 10th win, so I'll take it.

And it looks like MB is starting to pitch well again. (Just going by stats.)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
Horrible, horrible, horrible series. However, we picked up a game on the Twinkies and FINALLY got Mark his 10th win, so I'll take it.

For the series, we lost half a game. The Twinkies went 2-1 while the Sox went 2-2.

I just hope the Sox play up to the competition vs the Twins. This is going to be a huge series.

:gosox1:

Scott Elarton is decent. He gave us fits last year with Cleveland. We made Runelvys Hernandez look like Cy Young.

A win's a win at this point, although we made it a little too interesting with MacDougal and Jenks both giving up runs.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 03:57 PM)
that teams been hot lately, and they've been playing great ball. i'm glad we won two

You're glad we split a 4 game set with the worst team in baseball? I have higher expectations.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
You're glad we split a 4 game set with the worst team in baseball? I have higher expectations.

we coulda lost the series today but we didnt... i think thats a good thing and we havent lost much ground in the races and now we get to control our own destiny - nothing wrong with that

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
I posted it in another thread but gotta get in this one as well...props to BA for that cutoff to keep the tying run on 3rd. 2nd time this year he's made a nice play out there in the 9th that eventually avoided Bobby having a BS.

He's flawless out there in center.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
A win's a win. I wasn't able to watch it, but I felt a sense of relief when DeJesus went to 2nd on his hit. I would much rather face Sweeney than Grudz in that situation.

This is the first time in a long time that we've faced the royals and you'd rather pitch to sweeney than anyone.

My ulcers can't take this against the Royals, it is only going to get tougher. I hate facing the twins in important games down the stretch, gives me bad flashbacks, and hopefully we don't face radke many times in our series, I remember a few 1-0 losses between Radke/Loiza a few years back.