A 2nd Chance for Thomas Bashers

Guest Ncorgbl

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
As more and more old friends are posting here now, I thought I'd post this on here as well. A number of you will know the ones mentioned.

For those Frank Thomas bashers who've spewed their venom for the Greatest hitter in White Sox history, you've been given a second chance to reconsider your baseball ignorance by the man himself, quoted last night, and printed today.

"The fans have always been fair with me,'' he said of his shifting relationship with fans over his 13-year career. ''When I've been going well, they've been good to me. When I haven't, they've let me know. It goes hand in hand.''

I don't believe that is a true or fair statement, but I don't for a moment doubt Frank really means that, I do believe he said it because he's tired of the garbage his own poor communication skills have brought about. The quote is almost verbatim of things he's been advised to say, and it is said well. I've advised he not talk to the media at all, and his next quote come at his induction ceremony to the HOF, but Thomas genuinely loves the fans of Chicago, and the City of Chicago and the White Sox too much to do that. And make no mistake, he turned down what could've been a very lucrative free agency back in the late 90s for less money to stay here, and turned down an offer for more money than his old 'RPR' contract from the Dodgers last fall to stay here, though we fans took second seat to his kids, understandably so.

Thomas has never understood the rants of fans like 'beerman' to trade him and call him a bum, and often has wondered why fans like 'Meg3' didn't try to understand further than the media take on those 'controversies' that have come about. He knows now that we are not cUB fans who give blind faith as they do for 'Corky', but if any player ever deserved such it is Thomas. He's done nothing but give us total honesty, payed hurt, performed as an HOFer when healthy, and not brought any hint of 'cheating' here, instead leading the call for drug testing.

We White Sox fans are very fortunate to have a player like Frank Thomas here, and have shown too much disrespect to him over the years. He has earned, and deserves the sort of treatment that is given the sham on the North Side, and more.

The 'BigHurt' is the genuine article.

I agree