Chris Young Called Up

DBAHO

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
Kip Wells and Josh Fogg could have made all the difference in the world in 2002, even in all their mediocrity.

Fogg was even worse than the crap we threw out there in 2002, however your right about Wells. Wells only went 12-14 in 2002, but he had a very solid 3.58 ERA in 198 innings, and damn that woulda helped out the rotation.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 12:16 AM)
Fogg was even worse than the crap we threw out there in 2002, however your right about Wells. Wells only went 12-14 in 2002, but he had a very solid 3.58 ERA in 198 innings, and damn that woulda helped out the rotation.

Nah not really, he could've been better than Ritchie and his 6 ERA. Either way with Garland and Wright in 02 that team wasn't going too far.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)
Nah not really, he could've been better than Ritchie and his 6 ERA. Either way with Garland and Wright in 02 that team wasn't going too far.

Garland was ok at 12-12, and Wright did win 14 games (14-12) in 2002...although his ERA was a hair over 5, actually he'd fit in well on this years staff. :P

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
Good for Young, but not sure how much he is going to get done ridding the pine.... Is the D'Backs AAA team done?

Now that our home season is done I can finally breath again we played 10 games in 7 days to finish the home season. Our team was special we still have Hairston,Barden,Carter left. And a very good signing of Jon Webber has helped he still talks about that massive homer he hit of Bobby Jenks last year.

I hate the way Dback manager Melvin is handling things Drew,Quentin,Young should be playing everyday instead he is playing washed up Craig Counsell and Tony (K or homer) Clark.

Well, would you have rather had Fogg or the quartet of Gary Glover, Rocky Biddle, Jon Rauch, and Jim Parque?

I would have taken the former, but all is moot now.

Kip Wells would have never put up those numbers for the White Sox. He was a classic "change of scenery" guy.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
Young with two doubles, a single, and five RBIs today from the leadoff spot.

Yep, this will go down as one of the most disasterous trades Kenny Williams will have ever made for this team.

We have all praised Kenny for dealing "prospects" who go on and do nothing...YOU HAD TO figure at some point one would pan out. You can't keep dealing players out of our Top 10 without one finally breaking through.

Now our minors are just about exhausted, we have a couple pitchers who look old, another one (or two) that is wildly over-rated and competition in the AL Central loaded with filthy young arms. I believe this is our last run for a while unless we can re-stock with superb young arms.

dont sell us 2 short. We still will have the highest payroll to work with in the AL Central and that will always keep us in it. Especially if we reload our team with some young guys this off-season and shed some of the bigger contracts.(Garcia, one of Vazquez/Count) We just have to spend money wisely and we will be alright.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
dont sell us 2 short. We still will have the highest payroll to work with in the AL Central and that will always keep us in it. Especially if we reload our team with some young guys this off-season and shed some of the bigger contracts.(Garcia, one of Vazquez/Count) We just have to spend money wisely and we will be alright.

Spending money on Vazquez right now is not wisely spent money.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 06:13 AM)
Spending money on Vazquez right now is not wisely spent money.

Maybe not... or maybe next season he will turn the corner. If he is the same 5 innings and than blow SP next season ill be really dissapointed but I think Vazquez can turn it around next year.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:03 AM)
Maybe not... or maybe next season he will turn the corner. If he is the same 5 innings and than blow SP next season ill be really dissapointed but I think Vazquez can turn it around next year.

That's what teams have been thinking for the last 5-6 years. The reason that trade was a bad one is very simple. Even if Vazquez pitched well, he still was a #5 starter while the team had McCarthy able to step into the rotation. As deep as the Sox starters were, acquiring Vazquez was only going to make a marginal difference. One could argue that adding McCarthy to the rotation and finding bullpen help wold have been the smarter move. Hell, El Duque may have found a role in the bullpen.

The bottom line is you don't trade your best prospect, regardless of who it is, for a player that will likely make you only marginally better.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 03:03 AM)

There should be no next season for Vazquez he needs to go. Unless from here on out every start he is good, he should not be here next season. Vazquez has been one of the worse things to happen to this team. Also, don't give me the "he has the stuff" BS because he sucks.

Can we please abolish this thread? It makes me want to barf when I think about this trade. Young/Anderson patrolling LF/C for the next 10 years? :crying

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
There should be no next season for Vazquez he needs to go. Unless from here on out every start he is good, he should not be here next season. Vazquez has been one of the worse things to happen to this team. Also, don't give me the "he has the stuff" BS because he sucks.

Javy isn't going anywhere. Kenny is not gonna dump him after one below average year -- not after trading one of the best prospects in baseball -- a prospect that's tearing it up right now.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
Can we please abolish this thread? It makes me want to barf when I think about this trade. Young/Anderson patrolling LF/C for the next 10 years? :crying

Javy isn't going anywhere. Kenny is not gonna dump him after one below average year, not after trading one of the best prospects in baseball. A prospect who's tearing it up right now. :crying

Well then he must want crap going every fifth day. He's going to have to forget this trade because if he keeps Vazquez on this team then he'll just be hurting the team more than helping.