Rant and Rave

LowerCaseRepublican

I know we're all upset about something or other so I figured I'd make this official thread as the catch-all. I'll start.

Hey gang, yours truly was just nearly killed on his way home from work.

I went up this morning to my classroom to keep putting up posters, clean out certain things, put up bulletin boards, etc. and and worked for a few hours to get my classroom setup somewhat since classes start Thursday with a half day.

On the way home, I realized that the UIUC "tourists" were back in season (seeing as I'm a townie now, I get to call them tourists) I have never seen a bigger, dumber group of people driving in their entire lives. I went 33 mph on I-74.

THIRTY THREE MILES PER HOUR IN A 65 ZONE WITH LITTLE TRAFFIC! IN BOTH LANES!

I got cut off about 8 times in a 6 block radius after getting off 74, had a car with a clear right turn on red not take it and therefore had to wait 2 minutes for the light to change to green because this person is obviously too stupid to drive/make a right turn on red with no traffic coming, had cars stop short about 12 times after they got in front of me and then was nearly hit because some moron decided that a U turn from the far right lane of south Lincoln (4 lane street -- two southbound, two northbound) to the far right lane of north Lincoln without caring about the green left turn arrow on the intersecting street that certain people like, I dunno, ME, had. He honks his horn and looks at me like I was the one who had a screw loose for going on my left turn arrow.

What the Hell is wrong with these people that they can't drive/act functionally? They're the same people who absentmindedly hit me with their grocery carts (it's happened 5 times to me in the past months) and can't figure out that in grocery stores, you're supposed to walk fast, move your cart all the way over to the side and then grab what you want and not clog the middle of the aisle. Yet, people can't figure this out and waste my time. It's such a time waste, it's like small-scale murder. They're stealing time I could use for me.

Agh...anyway, now that this adrenaline is out of my system because that guy nearly killed me, I'm off for lunch.

I'm eager to hear what's been pissing off other ST'ers. And I'll even hit the first joke/permutations of the joke: LCR, LCR's b****ing, etc.

One of the things I despise more than anything about being a sergeant in the Army is that every time one of my guys f***s up in his personal life they come running to me to help them fix it like Im their daddy or something.

I would like nothing more than to tell them to man the f*** up and deal with it themselves but if I do that then I get accused of "not doing my job" and "not taking care of soldiers" by my superiors and those are about the most damning things that can be said about someone in my position.

What I wouldnt give to have a job where I can worry about myself and what Im doing and that's it.

SIGH.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
I despise driving down a street and coming upon an area where two lanes merge, because there's ALWAYS one jerkoff speeding about 10 mph above everyone else in an attempt to get several car-spaces ahead.

merges just suck all together, but that right there is a situation i hate!

Edited by Sonik22

Minor driving annoyance: Taking a right on red, and someone's crossing the street I'm turning onto. So I stop and wait for them to cross. Now, I don't expect anyone to run, but it's common courtesy to just walk briskly; and then there are the self-involved pricks who walk slower. Then you get the pos walking with his girl who gives you a dirty look to appear tough or something. What the f is your problem? I'm stopped so that you can cross the f'n street on your own sweet time, but it f'n offends just that I happen to be here, just that you don't have your own private goddam intersection?! I've had it with all these mfn idiots on the mfn streets MAKING ME LATE TO SEE SNAKES ON A PLANE.

So I saw the next show. It was awesome.

OK, I am getting older, the gray hair gives it away, and tonight I had my birthday party. I still have almost 2 cases of beer left, and it is only 12:30! I know I am not 21 any more, but at least on special occasions, my mind like to trick me into thinking I am and having a little extra fun. By 11, everyone was gone except Juddling, and even he wasn't drinking then, just me. I have drinking wusses for friends! I mean, I only turn 40 once, not like a woman and their perrenial 29th birthday. One more beer, then bed time, I guess.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
OK, I am getting older, the gray hair gives it away, and tonight I had my birthday party. I still have almost 2 cases of beer left, and it is only 12:30! I know I am not 21 any more, but at least on special occasions, my mind like to trick me into thinking I am and having a little extra fun. By 11, everyone was gone except Juddling, and even he wasn't drinking then, just me. I have drinking wusses for friends! I mean, I only turn 40 once, not like a woman and their perrenial 29th birthday. One more beer, then bed time, I guess.

I'll drink to birthdays. Hooray birthday parties!

/slams a beer

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 05:57 AM)
I'll drink to birthdays. Hooray birthday parties!

/slams a beer

I have about 30 more here if you can get here before I fall asleep! Where's Steph, she's in Plainfield, can't be too far away. Doh! :drink

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
I have about 30 more here if you can get here before I fall asleep! Where's Steph, she's in Plainfield, can't be too far away. Doh! :drink

lol, I'm in Chambana and have to be up somewhat early. Long day of cleaning, organizing, filing and putting up stuff in my classroom tomorrow since school starts Wednesday. I just hope I don't nearly die again due to tourist softheaded idiots on the roads.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
I despise driving down a street and coming upon an area where two lanes merge, because there's ALWAYS one jerkoff speeding about 10 mph above everyone else in an attempt to get several car-spaces ahead.

Yeah we have that quite a lot down here too, although I will say, if I'm stuck behind cars, and I see that far lane open, I'll go for it, just to try and get ahead of the traffic.

SnB please tell us more, this could be one of the infamous Soxtalk Threads that go down for the ages, if you catch my drift; :D

Also on LcR's point tonight about people not turning right when you have a red light. Being in the passenger's seat while someone who hasn't driven much in America AKA my folks, when you get to these situations, it gets a little frightening to say the least. Especially when it's a 4 way intersection, they look left, seethat no-one is coming, BUT, fail to realize people directly opposite you are turning left into the road where you want to turn right (I don't know if that made ANY sense whatsoever). :bang

I hate people that lie by omission. Or only tell you exactly what they think you want to hear. News flash! I really just want to know the truth. People that aren't honest are just empty hollow shells of people whom I would rather not know. And those people, the ones that would rather just tell you you your "personal version of reality" instead of the truth, are the most annoying and fake when they get caught in their lies. I would rather spend the rest of my life alone than be in one more hollow, empty, half-truth relationship/friendship.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:06 AM)
Which bar you attend? Being a fellow southsider, I'm probably familar with it. :D :drink

i'm already down at school.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 05:10 AM)
SnB please tell us more, this could be one of the infamous Soxtalk Threads that go down for the ages, if you catch my drift; :D

:lol:

let's just say......girls with boyfriends, like to lead you on........alot, then drop the just friends line.

As some of you on here know, I have had alot of problems with this lately, :bang

Idiots like this really piss me off....... :fight :stick

BARRINGTON, N.H. -- A mother and her young daughter were riding horses when they became victims of a bizarre road-rage attack.

On Wednesday, the two were strolling down a road near their Barrington home. Michelle Scannel said a teen driving his truck was coming by them quickly, and she motioned him to slow down.

"He jumps out of his tuck and starts digging around in the back," said Scannel. "I thought he was going to get a gun. He just looked so crazy, grabs an oar and goes after her with it."

"I was scared, and I thought I was going to die," said 7-year-old Brianna.

Brianna and her mother began screaming. Several people in the area heard the ruckus and ran to help. One of those people, Milton Smith, 57, tried holding the teen back. Scannel said that's when the teen grabbed a knife.

"One man got stabbed three times, and he got stabbed right over his eye," said Brianna.

Police came moments later and took the male juvenile into custody.

Scannel said her daughter is having trouble dealing with what she witnessed.

"She's having panic attacks, not sleeping that well at night; petrified that someone is going to break in," said Scannel.

Police have not released information regarding what happened, and it is unknown what kind of charges the juvenile might be facing.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)

LOL.. Had you told me earlier I definitely would have helped.. :cheers

Happy 40th old man ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
LOL.. Had you told me earlier I definitely would have helped.. :cheers

Happy 40th old man ;)

After cleaning up this morning, I think a few people that I didn't see brought beer, because I started with 4 cases of MGD, and one case of lite, and I endded with 4 cases of MGD left. I had over half of one myself, and I had maybe 30 people here throughout the day. Or maybe I have a magic cooler that multiplies beer! Oh boy, would I be so in trouble if that were true! :cheers Next time, I will let you know ahead of time.

First, is the merging onto 290 going both ways at Austin and Harlem. I dont know whos idea it was to have cars merge on the left but it is the main cause for backups on 290. On top of the people who think they are taking a shortcut by riding that long Manheim exit and then getting back on and actually causing more traffic. Finally, for now, driving on the Elgin-O'Hare at Thorndale where people get in the left lane even though it says for over a mile that its closing and then trying to merge and then looking at you like you did something wrong by not letting them in.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:47 AM)
I hate people who when they are upset, they feel they have to ruin things for everyone else.

No kidding. If you're so unhappy do something about it. Change YOUR life and make it better and stop trying to bring the rest of the world down with you. The poor me crap is tired...

you know what really grinds my gears is people who b**** and moan and then expect everyone else to listen and care; like i really give a crap about your problems people ;)

i kid because i really cant stand a lot of the same things LCR said when i was at uiuc; and now the driving here in indy is on a completely separate but equal level of inane driving

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:56 AM)
you know what really grinds my gears is people who b**** and moan and then expect everyone else to listen and care; like i really give a crap about your problems people ;)

i kid because i really cant stand a lot of the same things LCR said when i was at uiuc; and now the driving here in indy is on a completely separate but equal level of inane driving

You are in Indy? I'm sorry.

To be honest I have never driven in a city that I hated more than Indianapolis. At least Chicago makes sense. People want to go whereever they are going REALLY fast. Indy you have people in the left lane going 90, in the right lane going 45, and some dude behind that guy in the right lane with his right turn signal on for the last 5 miles... except he cuts off the guy in the middle lane.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
You are in Indy? I'm sorry.

To be honest I have never driven in a city that I hated more than Indianapolis. At least Chicago makes sense. People want to go whereever they are going REALLY fast. Indy you have people in the left lane going 90, in the right lane going 45, and some dude behind that guy in the right lane with his right turn signal on for the last 5 miles... except he cuts off the guy in the middle lane.

what a perfect description; i always tell my friends that people either go 10+ over the limit or are 10 under the limit; in chicago i always knew what kind of bad driving to expect but here its some of the stupidest things ever :bang