Rant and Rave

LowerCaseRepublican

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
I started with 4 cases of MGD

No wonder you had beer left! :P

I know a way to get REALLY rich - fast. I shouldn't tell all of you, but I will anyway. I'm going to open up a turn signal repair shop because there's obviously a lot of broken ones out there judging by how few use them.

I also hate cops that think they can turn on a left red (without a turn signal) when it says "Left turn on arrow only"

Edited by mreye

You know what has been chapping the ol' hide lately...performance reviews...or lack thereof. I did my self review June 6th...i STILL haven't had my review yet. Pay raises, if I get one, are retroactive to April 15th. APRIL 15TH!!! I've missed 9 paychecks already! That's a 1/3 of the year!

And then we get an email today about doing our timesheets and getting our expense reports in on time. Wow. I am in awe of the stupidity. You see, when you ask for things in a timely manner...and you aren't providing things in a timely manner...that's kinda annoying.

Solution: I'm going to give them to the end of the week, cuz that's the end of the next pay cycle. Then the demands begin...and hopefully I'll be able to end the End of Year Party Video with the following:

CanofCorn:

:hawk:

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 02:12 AM)
let's just say......girls with boyfriends, like to lead you on........alot, then drop the just friends line.

As some of you on here know, I have had alot of problems with this lately, :bang

Just use a little reverse psychology on them next time Steve. :bang

QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:28 AM)
I hate people that lie by omission. Or only tell you exactly what they think you want to hear. News flash! I really just want to know the truth. People that aren't honest are just empty hollow shells of people whom I would rather not know. And those people, the ones that would rather just tell you you your "personal version of reality" instead of the truth, are the most annoying and fake when they get caught in their lies. I would rather spend the rest of my life alone than be in one more hollow, empty, half-truth relationship/friendship.

I think true friends have to tell you the truth. Someone telling you what they think you want to hear does nothing except give you a false sense of hope. Ocassionally you have to say the typical, "its going to be okay" or some other cliche, but a lot of the time my theory is there are tons of other people that will do that, so if I have to be the one that tells the truth (you made the mistake, now you pay for it and you better lean from it), even if it means being brutally honest and blunt from time to time.

But I'm totally with you on this and I'm sure its a shocker since i'm the most passive person on this entire board. Of course its also why those that are weaker of heart/confidence consider me to be an ass. :lol:

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:18 AM)
No wonder you had beer left! :P

I know a way to get REALLY rich - fast. I shouldn't tell all of you, but I will anyway. I'm going to open up a turn signal repair shop because there's obviously a lot of broken ones out there judging by how few use them.

I also hate cops that think they can turn on a left red (without a turn signal) when it says "Left turn on arrow only"

I hate cops that weave in and out of the carpool line just because, cops that make illegal turns and do all sorts of other stuff that we as normal drivers can't do. Its one thing if they are going somewhere, but I do think they should have to follow the laws on the road. I respect the hell and thank police officers, but it is one of my pet peaves when I see them driving all crazy when I don't think they are going anywhere aside from just patrolling a road.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
But I'm totally with you on this and I'm sure its a shocker since i'm the most passive person on this entire board. Of course its also why those that are weaker of heart/confidence consider me to be an ass. :lol:

I hate cops that weave in and out of the carpool line just because, cops that make illegal turns and do all sorts of other stuff that we as normal drivers can't do. Its one thing if they are going somewhere, but I do think they should have to follow the laws on the road. I respect the hell and thank police officers, but it is one of my pet peaves when I see them driving all crazy when I don't think they are going anywhere aside from just patrolling a road.

Amen! I respect most of them as well. The worst I ever saw was a cop, off duty, driving his family around. The wife was in the front passenger seat with a toddler on her lap. :angry:

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
Amen! I respect most of them as well. The worst I ever saw was a cop, off duty, driving his family around. The wife was in the front passenger seat with a toddler on her lap. :angry:

I didn't realize Kevin Federline was a cop.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:16 PM)
I just had some Chips Ahoy! and they were delicious.

There was a thread a couple of months back when Balta when to China, and Irish71 and I were describing the food situation in China. Needless to say, I lived off those Chips Ahoy for a few weeks. They are delicious indeed. :)

SnB I am going out on the town Friday Night with a few work mates (I am assuming we'll end up at a strip joint or something). :bang

I am just wondering if I should use your methods that you used at the bars or not? :P

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
My posters came in the mail and my classroom is finally ready to go for Get Acquainted Day tomorrow.

I just gotta finish up a bunch of paperwork and getting my scheduling together for all the stuff I need to do/get done.

Did you get a poster of Raquel Welch in case you need to dig your way out to get away from those kids?