White Sox vs Twins 6.10 pm Ch.9

WSoxMatt

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's at least the 5th time this year where we actually held the runner at 3rd, but the runner on 1st kept running. There has got to be better communication than that.

Yes, the first base coach needs to holler at the guy rounding first to hold ... or communicate whatever is going on with the play. Luckily it worked out for the Sox.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
confusing, they said there was a big shouting match yesterday in the clubhouse, then talked about that ESPN article. thats all that was said

They were fighting with words/anger not with fist. Well, don't quote me on that cause I was never in that clubhouse.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
They were fighting with words/anger not with fist. Well, don't quote me on that cause I was never in that clubhouse.

im still not sure. fathom is talking about the article in the trib, but it really sounded like they were talking about something entirely seperate, and then mentioning the article in passing as a source for the verbal spat. maybe im wrong here though.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
confusing, they said there was a big shouting match yesterday in the clubhouse, then talked about that ESPN article. thats all that was said

they tried to say it wasn't a big deal but really told the story in a very confusing way. thats minnesota announcers for ya

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)
Yes, the first base coach needs to holler at the guy rounding first to hold ... or communicate whatever is going on with the play. Luckily it worked out for the Sox.

Hawk/DJ are blaming it on Cora putting up the "stay" sign at 3rd base too late. It wouldn't surprise me that Baines isn't communicating very well at 1st base with these guys.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
im still not sure. fathom is talking about the article in the trib, but it really sounded like they were talking about something entirely seperate, and then mentioning the article in passing as a source for the verbal spat. maybe im wrong here though.

I don't think anything happened. The whole thing has been overblown.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)
Hawk/DJ are blaming it on Cora putting up the "stay" sign at 3rd base too late. It wouldn't surprise me that Baines isn't communicating very well at 1st base with these guys.

I don't think anything happened. The whole thing has been overblown.

thome had crossed 3rd when the sign changed

Garland is making the Twins break their bats and he looks strong ... good sign for down the stretch. I wonder if Cooper is cutting back on their side sessions, this is the time of year he usually does that.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
Garland is making the Twins break their bats and he looks strong ... good sign for down the stretch. I wonder if Cooper is cutting back on their side sessions, this is the time of year he usually does that.

I'm very happy that he's throwing less changeups tonight.