I see a DUI and Weed

Brian

from us.imdb.com

Osment Charged With Drunk Driving and Drug Possession

Former child star Haley Joel Osment has been charged with drunk driving and marijuana possession following his car crash in Los Angeles last month. The Sixth Sense star, 18, was formally charged with the misdemeanors yesterday in Los Angeles. According to website Tmz.com, the teenager has also been charged with driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher and the infraction of driving under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol level of .05 or higher. The charges relate to his car crash last month, after Osment lost control of his Saturn and collided with a brick pillar in a Hollywood suburb. The young actor was treated for a broken rib and a shoulder injury at a nearby hospital.

As a service to journalists everywhere, I offer this fill in the blank story to be used every few months.

Former child star has been charged with drunk driving and marijuana possession following his car crash in Los Angeles last month. The star, , was formally charged with the misdemeanors yesterday in Los Angeles. According to a website no one reads, the teenager has also been charged with driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher and the infraction of driving under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol level of .05 or higher. The charges relate to his car crash last month, after lost control of his and collided with a brick pillar in a Hollywood suburb. The young actor was treated for a broken rib and a shoulder injury at a nearby hospital.

Notice there is never this story,

Former child star, , recently was voted father of the year by the Middletown Chamber of Commerce. has been a role model for youths and adults since appearing as . . .

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
the infraction of driving under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol level of .05 or higher.

Am I reading this wrong? If you're under 21, shouldn't any amount of alcohol in your system be illegal?...not top mention driving.

I'm not sure, but I think it varies state to state, IL, for example, is a zero tolerance state which means (I think) that any amount of alcohol in a minors' system results in a revocation of the license.