White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Now that I can agree with. I think he should have been given the chance right away this year, but the trade for Javy blew that.

I think that KW didn't believe he was going to re-sign both Garland and Contreras in the offseason, and he was planning on trading one of them if they didn't re-sign. Once they both re-signed, KW got caught with his pants down.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)
If he isn't any good, then why the hell does everybody want him, and why the hell won't KW upgrade his roster by dealing him? IMO McCarthy is at worst the 4th best starter on the roster.

I didn't say he isn't any good. But, it's not his role right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
I think that KW didn't believe he was going to re-sign both Garland and Contreras in the offseason, and he was planning on trading one of them if they didn't re-sign. Once they both re-signed, KW got caught with his pants down.

I don't think he expected Count to resign - but it's a good thing he did. Javy is such an enigma. Someone said it when they said a million dollar arm and a ten cent head. That's the best way to summarize, that's for sure.

I just wish he could get his head in the game...

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
I really don't think Ozzie has a role for him. I think he'd be far more effective if he knew exactly what his role was.

100% agree with you there. He's an arm in the bullpen. That's it. And it's too bad.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
Sad thing is we are doing a decent job on Santana...we already have 6 hits, only a couple Ks and are working his pitch count up.

Santana is a great pitcher, but we look absolutely like little leaguers against him. Not everyone struggles to score a single run against him like we do. We make him look this way, because we are only looking for a single pitch and trying to just hit it hard. We need more line drive swings and a lot less of the lets hit a dong off of Santana routine and we would succeed better.

QUOTE(soxyess @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Why the f**k is Alomar on this team. This guy is an automatic out. He cant throw anybody out. We couldnt have found another catcher?

Uh...Chris Widger. Alomar is here to be a better catcher than Chris Widger.

QUOTE(soxyess @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Why the f**k is Alomar on this team. This guy is an automatic out. He cant throw anybody out. We couldnt have found another catcher?

Evidently if you may want a guy to join your coaching staff next season, its a requirement to have him on the roster this season.