White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
I know Thome had to hold up to make sure the ball wasn't caught, but it's still funny that we didn't score from first on a double where the outfielder fell and couldn't find the ball for a minute.

With one out, I can understand. If there was 2 outs, and he didn't score.....then I would have broken my computer.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
The Sox should have, and I thought they were, get onto a roll after the series win over NY and the sweep of the Tigers. That was good baseball.

The split with the Royals was dissapointing, and this series was a lost weekend.

I should've said that they haven't played well for any extended period of time. A big reason is the semi-automatic loss (or at least guy that gives you the feeling of an automatic loss) that is Javier Vazquez.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Except the Twins

The Twins have been playing like "crap" against everyone except us. This was their longest homestand of the season, and they need a win today to salvage a .500 record on the homestand.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
Agreed. Game 1 of this series was VERY disappointing.

Then there was the great pitching performance by Adam Bernero earlier in the week.... :angry:

That's why those games against KC were so important. So if you lose 2 out of 3 in Minny it wouldn't hurt so much

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
The Twins have been playing like "crap" against everyone except us. This was their longest homestand of the season, and they need a win today to salvage a .500 record on the homestand.

Haven't they won at a pace over .667 over their last 65 games?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Haven't they won at a pace over .667 over their last 65 games?

Something like that probably...but you're still covering up their recent weakness by lumping it in with their hottest stretch of the year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Something like that probably...but you're still covering up their recent weakness by lumping it in with their hottest stretch of the year.

Really, they had one bad weekend against Toronto. Outside of that weekend, it seems like they're winning every series.