White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Who said Cintron was on deck in the 1st place?

If he wasnt then that was a real boneheaded move taking Uribe out. HE KILLS LH..............Forget it now, Cotts just blew any chance we had on coming back now......We suck

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
I dont even know what to say anymore...................................................................

He's got to use Cotts sometimes. I can't really fault Ozzie this time.

I'm all for trading Neal this offseason, though. If someone will pay like he's still a top of the line set-up man.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
Don Cooper has done an amazing job with our returning pitchers this year. I especially like the work he's done with Neal's offspeed pitches. HOW IN THE HELL DID NEAL COTTS ONLY ALLOW 1 HOMER LAST SEASON? Talk about a miracle year.

I love it now when Coop goes on the North show and he acts like a complete ass whenever he's asked about the pitchers sucking. Coop has done some great things, but this staff has been bad.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
Don Cooper has done an amazing job with our returning pitchers this year. I especially like the work he's done with Neal's offspeed pitches. HOW IN THE HELL DID NEAL COTTS ONLY ALLOW 1 HOMER LAST SEASON? Talk about a miracle year.

How in the world can the same pitchers be so good last year and so bad this year? It just blows my mind. One or two I understand, but only 1 or 2 putting up the same numbers? Yeesh

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
WTF happened to Cotts?!? Sheesh. Don Cooper my ass. How many pitchers from last year's staff have looked like crap this year?

He's not surprising anybody anymore. He needs to locate his fastball better, and he also needs better command of his breaking ball, or he isnt going to get any better

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
How in the world can the same pitchers be so good last year and so bad this year? It just blows my mind. One or two I understand, but only 1 or 2 putting up the same numbers? Yeesh

It seems like I say this once a week now, but the more things change, the more I appreciate how everything fell into place last year.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
WTF happened to Cotts?!? Sheesh. Don Cooper my ass. How many pitchers from last year's staff have looked like crap this year?

Every single one of them is worse this year. Every single returning pitcher is noticeably worse this year, as I've said.

Just had everything fall into place last year.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
I just thank God for all of our relievers having fluke years at the same time.

And now the Twins have something similar going with Reyes, Rincon, Neshek, and Nathan. I particularly liked Hermanson's 89 mph fastball down the plate last year that would routinely be caught at the warning track.