White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
As someone else on this site has noted, Vazquez is the momentum killer.

He is...go back and check the numbers....he has followed Garland many times...after Garland gets us some momentum, this bum comes out and does this...

What the hell is Ozzie doing? Get this bum out of here and get McCarthy stretched out to take this guys role in our rotation.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
Time to get this loser out of our rotation...Texas has made a great comeback on Detroit and Santana isn't quite as dominant right now, but leave it to this clod to blow it AGAIN.

How many Garland masterpieces has he followed up with trash like this?

He's the anti-stopper. I swear to God he's an automatic starter of losing streaks.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
As bad as Javy was, really the defense didn't help him much. PK's error and two poor decisions on throws from the outfield contributed to this mess, too.

For as good as our defense was last year, it has sucked this season. Even plays that aren't being called errors are really putting us in a bad position.

It is really difficult as a lifelong Sox fan to watch games Vazquez is pitching. You know its just a matter of time. There was little chance of winning this game anyway unless Santana's blister got real bad, but Vazquez took any drama out of it pretty early today. I think Vazquez has had the lead in all but 2 of his starts this season. A good pitcher would be contending for the Cy Young with the support he's gotten.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
We know one thing that is automatic. If Vazquez or Garcia or even Buerhle most of the time now are pitching, and the Sox score in an inning, the opposition will surely score their next AB.

When anyone of those guys start, its a crapshoot. Jose and Jon are the only consistent pitchers we have. Its gonna be tough down the stretch thats for sure.........Alright we need to try and chip away here, we still have a SLIGHT chance in this one, but we cant afford to give up anymore runs

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)
He's the anti-stopper. I swear to God he's an automatic starter of losing streaks.

Here's the question I would love to hear answered: what did McCarthy not do last season that made KW/Ozzie feel like he couldn't be a starting pitcher this season?

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
What the hell is Ozzie doing? Get this bum out of here and get McCarthy stretched out to take this guys role in our rotation.

McCarthy into the rotation??? Come on now...he isn't Cy f***ing Young.

The guys who get hits on Santana, watch them they are purposely trying to take his fastball into right. When they get a change they pul it and still put good wood on it. Guys who only pull for the most part, the Konerkos of the world look foolish because they are still trying to pull and park the fastball.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
When anyone of those guys start, its a crapshoot. Jose and Jon are the only consistent pitchers we have. Its gonna be tough down the stretch thats for sure.........Alright we need to try and chip away here, we still have a SLIGHT chance in this one, but we cant afford to give up anymore runs

Contreras has been anything but consistent over the past few months.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
For as good as our defense was last year, it has sucked this season. Even plays that aren't being called errors are really putting us in a bad position.

Mental mistakes. There were two that inning, by throwing to the wrong base, it took away DP chances and made the inning worse. Luckily the play at home saved a run, but those mistakes are ridiculous.

I'm officially done with Vazquez. I've been patient and hoped he'd find his groove. I've tried to be positive.

But the dude sucks. Sucks. I want him gone. Now.

I don't know about stretching out McCarthy this year, though I wouldn't be opposed. But it might be asking a lot. But there is no way Vazquez can be back in 2007. Dude is garbage. Absolute garbage.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
It is really difficult as a lifelong Sox fan to watch games Vazquez is pitching. You know its just a matter of time. There was little chance of winning this game anyway unless Santana's blister got real bad, but Vazquez took any drama out of it pretty early today. I think Vazquez has had the lead in all but 2 of his starts this season. A good pitcher would be contending for the Cy Young with the support he's gotten.

Cant totally blame Javy for this one, PK has had a rough game, and Pablo's D in LF has been far from impressive.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Mental mistakes. There were two that inning, by throwing to the wrong base, it took away DP chances and made the inning worse. Luckily the play at home saved a run, but those mistakes are ridiculous.

If Tim Raines is in charge of our base running and outfield defense this season, then I'm thrilled he's not being brought back next season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
Contreras has been anything but consistent over the past few months.

Much more than the rest of those guys. Except Freddy, he's usually consistent at pitching 6 innings and giving up 4 runs

Edited by CYGarland