Tigers fans turning on Maggs?

southsider2k5

I am curious from our visiting Tigers fans if this is basically true, or if this is just selective printing of letters?

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../608210314/1129

City: DeSoto, Mo.

Maggs was a great player with the White Sox. The Magglio who's wearing the Tiger uniform doesn't resemble that former White Sox All-Star in any way. I don't think he's physically the same player and doubt he ever will be over a full season.

I agree he had a very good first half, but he looks like he's wearing down as the season progresses. J.L. might as well shut him down for a couple of weeks. Maybe that's what he needs. What have the Tigers got to lose by doing that? Both of his hits today were lucky pop-ups dropping in and almost everyone hit well today. Maggs didn't hit one ball hard today.

Ordonez out at the plate might have been a bad call. Just watched the replay on ESPNEWS and it sure looked like Magglio got his hand in there on the plate ahead of the tag. The ESPN announcer even questioned the call. I still would have had Granderson running for Maggs in that spot.

City: Knoxville, Tenn.

What the Tigers should do is replace Ordonez's batting helmet with a neck brace when he reaches base so that it keeps him from turning his head. The ESPN replay is a moot point if he doesn't look back. That's a problem they usually correct in Little League.

City : Harrison Twp.

The acquisition of Perez puts the Tigers 40-man roster back to a full 40. Someone will have to be cut when Maroth comes off the DL.

As for the active players, it will be interesting to see if we activate Logan for the September push. Having his speed on the bench could mean a late game win, but has he fallen so out of favor that he won't get the call?

I expect Santiago to go back down to make room for Perez. Santiago, Shelton, maybe Logan, Spurling, Miller, and Tata should get a September call.

What the Tigers should do is replace Ordonez's batting helmet with a neck brace when he reaches base so that it keeps him from turning his head. The ESPN replay is a moot point if he doesn't look back. That's a problem they usually correct in Little League.

Didn't Sox fans complain about this as well in his last few playing months with the team?

Hitting wise I think he has just worn down, he hasn't played a full season in quite awhile. (And he has commented himself that he needs to get stronger and work out harder)

His baserunning and defensive gaffes are hilariously bad, but that's acceptable back when he was on fire offensively in the first half.