Game thread Sox(73-50) at Detroit(79-45)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the pull and lift offense is in full effect.

Clear your hips, make sure you dip your back shoulder, and then extend. The official swing of your 2001-2004 and now back by popular demand....2006 Whitesox.

Our offense this year actually did hit line drives. Then the allstar break happened. And our guys are now pull and lift homer or nothing machines.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
We could have actually gotten rid of some of the dead weight on our roster and given McCarthy a shot.

Why does everyone doubt that Kenny didn't explore plenty of options? He's proven to be a fair trader, so the offers must not have been very fair.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
We could have actually gotten rid of some of the dead weight on our roster and given McCarthy a shot.

I believe 100% that this would've been a huge shot in the arm for this team. I think Vazquez, in particular, robs this team of energy every time he goes out there. He's still out there because of the money he's earning, plain and simple. Tell me how that sends a good message.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)
All year actually. He hit .337 in September and had a great postseason. I don't even recognize him now.

He struggled in the first few months after the ASB, but that was due in large part to his injury.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
I believe 100% that this would've been a huge shot in the arm for this team. I think Vazquez, in particular, robs this team of energy every time he goes out there. He's still out there because of the money he's earning, plain and simple. Tell me how that sends a good message.

I agree. If Vazquez or any of Garcia or even Buerhle were making $2-3 million a year, McCarthy would have gotten a shot, and one of them would be in the bullpen.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Why does everyone doubt that Kenny didn't explore plenty of options? He's proven to be a fair trader, so the offers must not have been very fair.

The alternative to standing pat was improving the team. So we're more concerned with winning trades than improving the team?

Does our team actually scout the other team.

Why would you throw Pudge an away pitch. He loves to go to right field.

Hey look, Cotts is a 8th inning pitcher, and our good lefty Thornton is now a scrub pitching in the 6th. Ozzie needs to figure out there bullpen roles.