Game thread Sox(73-50) at Detroit(79-45)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
Ain't much of a game. Too bad Jose didn't have his "A" game going. Man, I'm praying to God this isn't the start of what the Yankees did to the Dead Sox. I have no idea WTF I would do or say if that were to happen.

What happened to the Red Sox was much worse. They were only 1 1/2 games outwhen that series started, and It was in Boston.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
Is Brandon McCarthy still a reliever on this team? Why isn't he warming up yet? Is he secretly be stretched out or what?

Guillen hates BMac.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Looks like their heading right into the dump....Our starting pitchers have lost velocity, and our power hitters cant hit Hr's.....This is bad

Well in 2004 we got raped by the twins when Carlos Lee was doing his windmill impersonation at home plate. And then we went into Detroit and couldnt beat them and lost like what 7 or 8 in a row. This kind of feels like then.

Danny Wright = Vazquez

Felix Diaz = Garcia

Conteras = Contreras

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
What happened to the Red Sox was much worse. They were only 1 1/2 games outwhen that series started, and It was in Boston.

Dude, I ain't worried about the Tigers. They can have the division for all I care. I'm more worried about us losing ground to the Twinkerbells.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
So why in the hell are we wasting our back end reliever in the 6th inning of a blow out. This makes no sense. This is where Matt pitches, and then Cotts will come in to a tie game in the 8th tomorrow night. WTF

It makes absolutely no sense.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
Remember when we said that the best way to improve our pitching at the deadline was to improve our offense?

but...but...but...remember last offseason when some said a team would SURELY overpay for one of our starters near the July trading deadline!!!! That teams overpay for starters midseason!!!!

That didn't work out well, either.

It may turn out after this season concludes the worst move Williams made wasn't standing pat with our roster, but failing to move McCarthy into the rotation.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember when we said that the best way to improve our pitching at the deadline was to improve our offense?

I would've loved to see Soriano up in the third inning or whatever when there were runners on 1st and third in a 2-1 game. It's possible he could've relieved Jose Contreras a little bit

I love Neifi Perez

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
Great approach by the Tiger hitters -- going the other way.

Good outing by Jose. Good job setting a tone for the series. Good job, Chicago White Sox.

Basically they used our approach vs Verlander the last couple of times to beat Jose. Then we took their old approach to Jose to lose to Verlander. Quite funny really.