Game thread Sox(73-50) at Detroit(79-45)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Memo to Jose:

Please stop hanging the sidearm pitch. Thanks much.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
Pods does bring the nicest looking date to the team party though. I saw Pods and his lovely bride at the Hunt Club last week during lunch. She had no make-up on and still was on fire.

Just curious, was Pods wearing pants?

QUOTE(SoxnGiants @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
That's one thing we did very well last year. Especially Buehrle & Garland.

There was one game a while back when Buerhle got clobbered early, then pitched 4 or 5 innings with about 40 pitches. You know Buerhle is in trouble when he has a real high pitch count, and I would say the same thing for Garland, and with his new style, Garcia. If you're not a guy who is going to get a lot of strikeouts, you can't show everyone 6 pitches.

Alright I did some looking back. Counting this as the 10th game. In our last 10 games when we score, the next chance the opposing team has they are 10-23 in scoring that inning. Considering that there were about 4 innings or more that were blowout late innings by us and jenks or our good bullpen guys came in, the opposing team has basically scored after us about 50% of the time. That is just disgusting and just isn't giving your offense anything to build off.

Your welcome, and the numbers were scarier than I actually thought.

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 06:48 PM)
Alright I did some looking back. Counting this as the 10th game. In our last 10 games when we score, the next chance the opposing team has they are 10-23 in scoring that inning. Considering that there were about 4 innings or more that were blowout late innings by us and jenks or our good bullpen guys came in, the opposing team has basically scored after us about 50% of the time. That is just disgusting and just isn't giving your offense anything to build off.

Your welcome, and the numbers were scarier than I actually thought.

I would have thought the numbers would have been higher.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
There was one game a while back when Buerhle got clobbered early, then pitched 4 or 5 innings with about 40 pitches. You know Buerhle is in trouble when he has a real high pitch count, and I would say the same thing for Garland, and with his new style, Garcia. If you're not a guy who is going to get a lot of strikeouts, you can't show everyone 6 pitches.

Exactly, and it's puzzling to me why Buehrle has been so un-Buehrle like this year. If he doesn't come right after the hitters he's in trouble - just like we've seen the past few months.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 11:48 PM)

What's strange with all the high pitch counts is that our starters don't K a lot of guys, and they also don't walk a lot of guys.

QUOTE(Grindersrule @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
Does anybody have a suggestion as to why the score streaming audio would not be working?

If you're looking for the game, they aren't allowed to broadcast it. If it's another thing you're looking for I have not clue.