Lunch

Texsox

Well I had the Roasted Chicken Sub at Subway. I usually get it at work once a week, because it's better than any other sandwich place that's nearby.

I would love to go back to the Paradise Bakery (or Cafe) in Glendale though, and get a Turkey Sandwich, and a Chocolate Chip Cookie, that was just heavenly. :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 05:16 AM)
5:15 AM and I'm working my lunch schedule already. I see a fish taco in my future. Not certain if it will be from The Oyster Bar (Voted one of the top 20 Beach Dives in America) or Dirty Al's. Anticipation . . .

Will you be joining in the chorus of YMCA?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 08:39 AM)
^

Winner!

I actually saw the original Police Academy on TV the other day and couldn't believe I thought it was funny 20 years ago :bang

I agree. Still some good laughs, though. I saw Weird Science the other day.

Garry: Mom, I never toss off to anything!

Mom: You told me you were combing your hair!

Garry: But I was, I was!

:lol: :lolhitting

Anyway, I brought a bologna sandwich today again. I think I'll get an eggroll from China Inn for a side. That's acceptable for a Thursday lunch.

Edited by mreye

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
wait wait wait...

There is a place called Chicken Planet?

Here, NS:

Link

If you want a nice, fancy piece of fat-free chicken with a nice, fancy name in a nice, fancy part of town... go somewhere else!

If you want a big, juicy, tasty bird with all the fixin's for an unbeatable price in the armpit of Corporate America (i.e. the South-East Loop), then Chicken Planet is by far the place to go!

I go to this restaurant once every couple of weeks and I enjoy my meal each time. The meat is tender, not dry, with a really great grilled flavor. The barbeque sauce is tangy without being too sweet and the sides - while average - are satisfying, too!

The skin is left on the chicken, so if you're looking for something low-fat, you're in the wrong place. But this is a carb-counters paradise! That is, aside from the pita that comes with each meal. Don't tell my wife, but that pita is so good that I eat it anyway!

The atmosphere isn't so great, but then, if you were going to Chicken Planet for atmosphere, it'd be called "Atmosphere Planet", wouldn't it? They do one thing and they do it better than anyone in the Loop.... CHICKEN!

Don't be afraid to get a little greasy. Just dig in with both hands and eat up! Don't worry, they give you a wet-nap and plenty of napkins for cleanup!

Lastly, the proprieter is a very friendly person. We have a nice (yet short) chat each time I go in. He's even started remembering my favorite meal:

Half chicken, white

Cole Slaw

Barbeque sauce

.... to go! :)

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
Here, NS:

Link

Actually that is a really solid review. The guy who owns the place is a real nice guy, and the food/sauce is excellent. It is on Jackson Blvd between State and Plymouth Ct.

As a man who takes lunch very seriously, it is a place that has a permanent spot on my radar.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
Actually that is a really solid review. The guy who owns the place is a real nice guy, and the food/sauce is excellent. It is on Jackson Blvd between State and Plymouth Ct.

As a man who takes lunch very seriously, it is a place that has a permanent spot on my radar.

Don't forget it's a great price for the amount of food you get too!

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 05:42 AM)
Well I had the Roasted Chicken Sub at Subway. I usually get it at work once a week, because it's better than any other sandwich place that's nearby.

I would love to go back to the Paradise Bakery (or Cafe) in Glendale though, and get a Turkey Sandwich, and a Chocolate Chip Cookie, that was just heavenly. :D

I went with the Roasted Chicken as well yesterday.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
Chopped salad? At Portillos? What the heck is wrong with you???? :fight

BWAHAHA..the chopped salad is awesometastic. Just the description itself sounds outstanding

Chopped Salad

$6.59

Chopped Romaine & Iceberg lettuce mixed with Ditalini pasta, chicken breast, bacon, tomato, red cabbage, Gorgonzola cheese, green onion and our house dressing.*

But will all this being said, I'm probably going with the Cheeseburger and cheese fries :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 10:30 AM)
yeah, $5.50 gets you a half chicken, a side, and a pita bread. In downtown Chicago that is a steal.

Wow. He must be running some great volume through there to survive on $5.50 plates, or drinks are also $5.50??

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
Artery-clogging double with cheese from Wendy's today. They are a customer of miine, so I feel obliged to eat there once in a while. I'll pay for it later, but damn, it was good.

Thay have quietly moved into my second fav. fast food burger/sandwich joint. I like the choice of sides, plus the frescata sandwiches are really good. I also see Quiznos passing Subway on my list because of the salads.