13+5 maybe...

Steff

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060821/ap_on_...y_little_league

6-foot-8 Little Leaguer towers over foes

By GENARO C. ARMAS, Associated Press Writer

Mon Aug 21, 1:31 AM ET

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Aaron Durley towers over the competition at the Little League World Series.

The 13-year-old first baseman for Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, stands an imposing 6-foot-8 and weighs 256 pounds.

"I was standing next to him and I was up to his elbows," Scott Kingery, a 12-year-old, 4-foot-9 Phoenix shortstop, said after meeting Durley.

At the secluded dorms where teams stay during the tournament, Durley has become as much of an attraction as the pool, the pingpong table and the video arcade.

The soft-spoken Durley doesn't mind the attention. He even lets opponents snap pictures with him during down time.

But Durley, who played at the series last year, too — when he was a mere 6-foot-4 — is crystal-clear about his top priority in South Williamsport.

"I'm more confident this year, ready to do what I need to do," Durley said after a practice. "Hit the ball out."

Fittingly, his favorite major leaguer is David "Big Papi" Ortiz, the Boston Red Sox slugger.

Durley, batting fifth, didn't hit a homer, but he walked twice, singled and scored a run Sunday when his Arabian American squad from Dhahran defeated Saipan, 9-1. Saudi Arabia (2-0) stands a good chance of advancing out of pool play after failing to win a game last year.

Also Sunday, two players were hurt during the game between Lemont, Ill., and Staten Island, N.Y., and taken to Williamsport Hospital.

Lemont outfielder Austin Mastela was hit by a pitch in the helmet in the second and had bleeding and swelling near the back of his ear, manager Mike Hall said. Staten Island shortstop Chris Goetz hurt his right leg after being called out at home while trying to score on an attempted squeeze play.

Both players had been treated and released, a nursing supervisor said early Monday.

Lemont won 1-0 after a frantic finish.

They said on the broadcast yesterday that Shaq was 6' 6" when he was 13.

I don't doubt that kid is 13, but man was it ever freaky to tune in and see HIM.

When I tuned in, there was a grounder to short, then the throw to............Gigantor.

I was like "What is this, a father/son game???"

Did anyone see when that kid from New York in the game yesterday screamed "one more f***in' run!" (the dugout was mic'd) and then subsequently get slapped in the face by his coach? Man it was hilarious and I've been trying to find video of it.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
Did anyone see when that kid from New York in the game yesterday screamed "one more f***in' run!" (the dugout was mic'd) and then subsequently get slapped in the face by his coach? Man it was hilarious and I've been trying to find video of it.

If you find it put it with the one in your avatar and jam up my computer even more.

No, it's not my connection.

Hahahaha I saw it, funniest s*** I've ever seen.

Edited by WHarris1

Has anyone found a video of it? I looked but couldn't find one.