Hilarious! Red Sox Boards.

cgaudin

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
I can't see how even the biggest of Red Sox homer fans could think this. I'm always pessimistic about the White Sox chances...but I'd take our position and the way we're playing 100 pct of the time over the Red Sox position.

Something interesting I heard the other day is that in LIPS, Manny's OPS is like 1.400, while Ortiz is like .800.

Ok, whats are LIPS???

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
I have absolutely 0 confidence in the White Sox but no one in their right mind can tell me that the Red Sox are in just as good of a position as the White Sox. That makes no sense.

They just got blasted 9-0 by the A's. The "washed up" Frank Thomas with a HR and 3 walks. Boston is done.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 29, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
They just got blasted 9-0 by the A's. The "washed up" Frank Thomas with a HR and 3 walks. Boston is done.

Frank's homer was an absolute bomb.

BTW, they said on Sportscenter this morning that the Red Sox are below .500 against the AL.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 28, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
No, we are not.

LOL! The Red Sux are something like 5 game out of the Wild Card race and are dealing with injuries to Varitek and Manny, while Ortiz is in the hospital with an irregular heartbeat. On the other hand, the White Sox are a half game out of the Wild Card and their only injured star is supposed to be back in the lineup tomorrow. Tell me how those two situations are similar.