Sox @ Detroit

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
It just baffles me how little enthusiasm and energy they have out there.

That's the only thing Ozzie is good for, and the team doesn't even care now. What good is Ozzie as a manager now other than the fact a pitching staff carried him last year?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
The exciting news is that Buehrle might see his ERA go over 5 after today.

Atleast we'll have the benefit of hearing members cite this poor umpire, and how the missed strike call threw his rhythm off. :bang

I'm becoming VERY irritated with watching Buehrle. I may criticize Broadway, but I guarantee he can give us an ERA bordering around 5 for 10 million less. He continues pitching poorly, I sincerely hope next season is his last with this ballclub.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:56 PM)
What I don't get now is why MB doesn't adjust and start throwing inside where he might get the call. Outside isn't working.

Because you can't throw inside at 85, as Freddy has found out this year. The ball is going to be hit very far if you do.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
That's the only thing Ozzie is good for, and the team doesn't even care now. What good is Ozzie as a manager now other than the fact a pitching staff carried him last year?

He makes interesting Spanish programs on Comcast.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
Atleast we'll have the benefit of hearing members cite this poor umpire, and how the missed strike call threw his rhythm off. :bang

I'm becoming VERY irritated with watching Buehrle. I may criticize Broadway, but I guarantee he can give us an ERA bordering around 5 for 10 million less. He continues pitching poorly, I sincerely hope next season is his last.

Isn't Buehrle's option after this year a team one? Damn I'd just as soon let him go at this point and use the green on somebody else.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
Because you can't throw inside at 85, as Freddy has found out this year. The ball is going to be hit very far if you do.

Buehrle at least cuts his fastball, so he might be able to jam a hitter with his fastball.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)

But MB still has an off speed pitch, unlike Garcia. And MB used to work inside quite a bit when he was good, but that was a long time ago.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 11:59 PM)
Anyone else wondering if this run of bad play might just continue til the end of the season?

It's lasted the entire 2nd half of the season...and this starting pitching is showing signs of getting worse, not better.

I guess many of you havent figureed it out yet. This isnt our year. Its not meant to happen. Every break, every call, every borderline pitch goes the other way. We get hit, we dont hit, its just not meant to be. Maybe we will barely make the playoffs, but we wont do s*** if we do. This season is lost.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
So how much longer do we wait for Buehrle to turn this around before accepting him as the pitcher he's been over the last 2 months?

I'm just curious what people think. I've been confident he would return to form but now I'm not so sure.

I honestly hope we just let him go after this year. Those 10 million plus could be much better spent than picking up his option.

Oh, and I'm shocked to see Thome make an out on a 3-2 low changeup. That hasn't happened much lately to our hitters.

Another great inning boys, at least we can't be no hit.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
But MB still has an off speed pitch, unlike Garcia. And MB used to work inside quite a bit when he was good, but that was a long time ago.

You mean less than a year ago? I guess thats a long time huh?