Sox @ Detroit

Heads22

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
I wouldn't mind, personally, but I'd like to see how he fares in AAA. And how Buehrle recovers next season.

Remember, we're attempting to replace a fresh arm with a starting pitcher typically among the league leaders in innings pitched. I doubt McCarthy will pitch 200 next season. Broadway couldn't be expected to, either. I'm not too comfortable with that.

Yeah the innings part of the equation is a big problem, which is why my senario won't happen. But I'm just tired of watching 9 million dollar pitchers throw worse than my dog.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)
Exactly. I will not even listen to an argument about Williams not putting this team in the best position to win. Coming into this season, we still had the 4 aces that got us a Championship, along with adding Vaz.

These guys all have underachieved,and your a liar if you said "I called them all being worse"

Once you something is not working, you can make changes to the team. There is no rule against trading players mid-season.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)
Exactly. I will not even listen to an argument about Williams not putting this team in the best position to win. Coming into this season, we still had the 4 aces that got us a Championship, along with adding Vaz.

These guys all have underachieved,and your a liar if you said "I called them all being worse"

Agreed. I despised the Vasquez trade from Day 1, but the pathetic level of our starting staff was unpredictable by anybody. And like I said, even if they were just slightly below average, we're a playoff team.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)

Even if you said they'd be worse, they would still have been the best rotation in the majors (or at least thats what 99% of baseball expected). The fact that they completely fell on there face, well whats to be said.

Garland is the only guy I have faith in...thats it. People can show me his ERA but without him we would be done already. He stopped so many losing streaks. Than there is Count who is just mediocre and the rest of the guys SUCK.

Our rotation is bloody awful and has really not had any dominant stretch all season and there is no reason to think or expect them to do it. Could they reveret in a year, sure, guys (even Hall of Famers) have the ocassional down season but its just odd that all of our guys decided to suck at the same time.

My guess is Kenny may be patient with Mark because of his history, mixed with the fact that he gives innings, actually holds runners (plays d) and is one of the teams leaders. The same can not be said about Javy and Freddy and I'd be stunned if either of htem were around. Javy will be around if this team wins the world series or goes deep into the playoffs.

I say that because the only way we do anything is if Javy turns things around and pitches strong for this team down the stretch and in that case he'll be back.

QUOTE(SoxnGiants @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
This team needs a kick in the rear. Ozzie needs to lose it or something. Bad approach hitting, poor intensity and focus all around - exemplified by Uribe this inning.

He just got ejected, and he yells at everyone. That's been played. He needs to figure how to win games with what he has, just like Tore has.

QUOTE(GOD @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
This team is exactly what they said they weren't gonna be when Ozzie was hired. Sit around for the 3 run homer and if it doen't come then we are screwed.
I think the 2003 team is better than this one. At least it was a lot cheaper than this crap.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
Once you something is not working, you can make changes to the team. There is no rule against trading players mid-season.

Who should we have traded for? Keep in mind nobody in the NL except the Cubs and Pirates were sellers at the deadline, nobody in the AL wanted to help us, and pitching of any decency doesn't clear waivers.

Good luck!! :)

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
the pulling thing is unreal. It is obvious to me why Rogers has been getting hit in the 2nd half, but the Sox are doing exactly what he wants.

We've faced him 4 times now this season, and our approach tonight is worse than it's been all year. We've faced a ton of changeups over the last week, and I can only recall one player (Mackowiak) that looked like he had a game plan for that pitch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
:ph34r:

I thought they'd all be worse Fathom, but come on. I'm sure you, like myself, didn't think they'd regress THIS much. If you had in mind a similar regression that I did, the SP's would still be good enough for us to cruise into October with the way the offense has performed.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)

There wasn't a f***ing move out there to make the team better. The quicker you get your head out of your ass the quicker you may realize this. I didn't see one team in baseball bolster there starting rotation at the deadline via a trade (sans the Yanks with the Lidle move and thats hardly the type of acquisition that would have made the Sox better).

I'm sorry for being a dick but I'm sick of tom and joe douche bag consistently saying we could have traded these guys at the deadline and got more starters. It would have been nice and I know we argued in the past about hte trade value of some of the guys, but bottom line teams weren't giving up starters and even if they did our team has s*** in the farm systems (and thats coming from someone who talks with members of the org and players in the system) to offer to get top notch pitching.